NFL Week 4: The RIGHT WOTS ALL THIS THEN thread

Started by CountDeMoney, September 25, 2013, 10:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Really pleased by what I saw. The Pat's offense made a lot of big plays and the score was only close because of two fluke plays, a bad bounce on an onside kick and a fumble. For the first time this season I have hope! :)

EDIT: Hope fading :bleeding:
QuoteThe Boston Globe reports Wilfork has a torn right Achilles tendon and likely is done for the season.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

In LFFL news, i lose again but the Pats made it a respectable scores.

Fucking Autodraft. I want to know who thought CJ Spiller would have a good season.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 30, 2013, 06:20:04 AM
In LFFL news, i lose again but the Pats made it a respectable scores.

Fucking Autodraft. I want to know who thought CJ Spiller would have a good season.

Fingers crossed i should be able to hold on vs Frunk.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

KRonn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 30, 2013, 03:58:58 AM
Really pleased by what I saw. The Pat's offense made a lot of big plays and the score was only close because of two fluke plays, a bad bounce on an onside kick and a fumble. For the first time this season I have hope! :)

EDIT: Hope fading :bleeding:
QuoteThe Boston Globe reports Wilfork has a torn right Achilles tendon and likely is done for the season.

Tough loss to have Wilfork out for the season. Patriots are looking better, strong running game, but still have a  wayz to go in their passing game. Getting better though as the new receivers learn and they and Brady get more in synch. But that's contrasted with Peyton Manning with a powerhouse passing game that looks like the Patriots offense of last year which was dominant.

Grey Fox

Wes Welker is just really good, atleast he is when partnered with Hall of Frame QBs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

frunk

Quote from: katmai on September 30, 2013, 06:24:02 AM
Fingers crossed i should be able to hold on vs Frunk.

I'm going to need at least a 2 TD game from Lamar Miller, against the Saints.  You've probably got it.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

At least it's keeping the yellow wash rag swinging bandwagon faggits quiet for a bit.

I sorta wish I was still working so I could rub it in every steelhead fuckheads face every morning.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Alcibiades

Quote from: dps on September 29, 2013, 08:22:11 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on September 29, 2013, 07:18:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 29, 2013, 05:33:27 PM
Heh.

QuoteBaltimore and Buffalo rank as the only metropolitan areas with a National Football League franchise that don't also have a Fortune 500 company within their boundaries, according to a release from Maryland Business for Responsive Government.
Maryland has four Fortune 500 companies and they are all based in Bethesda: No.   59 Lockheed Martin, No. 195 Coventry Health Care, No. 230 Marriott International and No. 469 Host Hotels and Resorts.
Jerry Wit, chairman of the nonprofit business group, said the Buffalo connection reflected poorly on Baltimore.
"Does it make you feel secure and proud to share this distinction with the city of Buffalo?" Wit said in a press release. "Does anyone working or living in Baltimore really want to be compared to Buffalo?"
Baltimore has more than 600,000 residents. In comparison, similarly-sized NFL cities with Fortune 500 companies include Atlanta (11), Charlotte (5) and Nashville (2), among others.
In the past seven years, Maryland has lost nine Fortune 500 companies while neighboring Virginia has improved from 17 to 27 Fortune 500 companies, according to MBRG.
Constellation Energy was Baltimore's sole representative on the 2012 Fortune 500 list, but was acquired by Chicago's Exelon Corp. for $7.9 billion in March of last year.

No mention of Green Bay, which I am guessing didn't make the cut as a "metropolitan area".  :P

Actually, it is a metropolitan area.  No idea what Fortune 500 company is based there.

Fortune 500 companies, including Schneider, KI, Green Bay Packaging, Georgia Pacific and Schreiber Foods

:hmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Valmy

Green Bay Packaging?  Ok now that is funny.  A packaging company named after a football team named after a meat packing company.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Brees needs 16 points more than Pierre Thomas for me to win this week.

derspiess

Looks like I need to get a half point (or .26 if that's possible) from Sproles tonight to win.  I'm currently down by .25 :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: sbr on September 30, 2013, 11:23:00 AM
Brees needs 16 points more than Pierre Thomas for me to win this week.
:mad:  Orton's Orphans shall triumph!  The Browns brought back Brownie the Elf and won!  Hooray!  The Raiders really, really need Pryor back.  Flynn cannot handle the sub-tackling dummies that make up the Raiders' offensive line with his lack of mobility.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 30, 2013, 09:54:14 AM

Fortune 500 companies, including Schneider, KI, Green Bay Packaging, Georgia Pacific and Schreiber Foods

I stand corrected.  Though a few of those shouldn't really count, as I believe they are talking companies with the HQ there.

dps

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 30, 2013, 04:06:39 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on September 30, 2013, 09:54:14 AM

I stand corrected.  Though a few of those shouldn't really count, as I believe they are talking companies with the HQ there.

Yeah, that's what "based there" should mean.  I would guess that Green Bay Packaging is based in Green Bay, but Georgia Pacific certainly isn't.  Don't know about the other 2 companies mentioned, and don't care enough to look it up.