If you could quit your job tomorrow and be financially okay, would you?

Started by merithyn, September 17, 2013, 01:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Read the OP before voting to see what "financially okay" means.

Ab-so-LUTE-ly!
I'd have to seriously think about it, but probably, yeah
50/50 - I could stay or leave
Not likely
No way! Not nearly enough
No amount is enough. I'd be far too bored.

dps

CountDeMoney

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on September 17, 2013, 04:30:46 PM
It's hard to not mentally decompose once you stop working, so no.

It's this kind of thinking that's stuck us with a 77-year-old great-great-grandmother at the office who refuses to quit, and yet can't really do much of the job anymore, either. :glare:

She's a sweet lady, don't get me wrong, but we really could use someone capable in the office.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on September 17, 2013, 02:07:39 PM
Poverty here is defined as having less than 60% of the average net income, which for a single is about 950 Euro.
60% here too. So yes :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on September 17, 2013, 06:58:37 PM

It's this kind of thinking that's stuck us with a 77-year-old great-great-grandmother at the office who refuses to quit, and yet can't really do much of the job anymore, either. :glare:

She's a sweet lady, don't get me wrong, but we really could use someone capable in the office.

Yeah, I get you.  She'll be gone within three business days.  Leave the package at the usual place.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I always loved the past by their sell date employees. They didn't bother me.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Well imagine what she'd be like without her job.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

With the overtime I took this year, I'm going to be close to 4 times the Korean poverty line, so No.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2013, 08:00:32 PM
I always loved the past by their sell date employees. They didn't bother me.  :)

Again, she's very sweet and I really do like her. BUT... it would be nice to have a full-functioning person in the position.

Quote from: Razgovory on September 17, 2013, 08:02:36 PM
Well imagine what she'd be like without her job.

I dunno. She's pretty active even when she's not at work. She only works Monday - Wednesday, and she's constantly telling us about what she does on her long weekends. She's never home, and she's never alone. I think she'd be fine, but hell, if it keeps her happy, I'm glad she's around.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Josquius

Of course.
I'd prefer getting a real job but that would be nice too.
██████
██████
██████

Camerus

Assuming we owned our own house and my wife could take advantage of the same offer, then I definitely would.  I have millions of hobbies I could pursue to fill the time.  I'd like to devote time to charitable efforts or causes I was interested a few days a week in order to still feel useful.

Tamas

Hells yeah if it meant decent living, so eg. I wouldn`t have to feed a family from that alone.

Dguller, you must have hobbies or stuff you would like to pick up as hobbies.

Caliga

Since old people are generally completely useless, I totally believe you.... what's the problem in her specific case? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points