If you could quit your job tomorrow and be financially okay, would you?

Started by merithyn, September 17, 2013, 01:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Read the OP before voting to see what "financially okay" means.

Ab-so-LUTE-ly!
I'd have to seriously think about it, but probably, yeah
50/50 - I could stay or leave
Not likely
No way! Not nearly enough
No amount is enough. I'd be far too bored.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 25, 2013, 09:17:11 PM
I'll be right back, I need to go get a restraining order.

Don't worry, your secret is safe with me, D. Guller.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

garbon

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2013, 10:39:43 PM
I don't really know why that would matter either way.

It wouldn't.  You've never been interesting enough to learn more about.

garbon

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on September 17, 2013, 01:22:52 PM
When I say "financially okay", I don't mean that you've won the lottery or that you get a full-pay retirement package. I mean that you would be pulling in about 4 times the poverty line and would stay at that rate until you died.

Would you leave your job?

I was prepared to answer that question last Tuesday.  It would have been "yes".  I would have sold everything I own, moved with my ex in Montreal, be a stay at home guy and play silly non strategic games all day long.

But since I've gotten a tiny bit better now, and since there's a possible diagnostic and a possible solution down the line... That'd be no.  I like my life, I like what I'm doing, and I know I can never get enough, so I'm working.  Slowly, not as much as before, but I'm coming back to the land of the living (yes, I am a drama queen sometimes :P but it really feels that way) and I want again to work, and make things work.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.