Pastor has sex with teens to cure them of homosexuality

Started by merithyn, September 12, 2013, 12:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on September 12, 2013, 02:37:36 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 12, 2013, 01:50:28 PM
Something about this story doesn't make sense.  How is homosexual sex supposed to cure you of homosexuality?

The beating aftwards has Pavlovian effects.
I feel terrible for laughing at that
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2013, 10:51:07 PM
Quote from: The Brain on September 12, 2013, 02:37:36 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 12, 2013, 01:50:28 PM
Something about this story doesn't make sense.  How is homosexual sex supposed to cure you of homosexuality?

The beating aftwards has Pavlovian effects.
I feel terrible for laughing at that

As you should. According to Seeds, beating is an integral part of the sex act.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

So...the idea was to make the sex so bad they wouldn't want to do it again?
██████
██████
██████

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on September 12, 2013, 10:53:46 PM
So...the idea was to make the sex so bad they wouldn't want to do it again?
Eventually.  Sounds like it was a slow process.

DGuller

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on September 12, 2013, 10:40:11 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 12, 2013, 09:57:03 PM
I meant that the comparison to the Montana case is spurious.  Which, again, we don't really know that much about.  But viewing the facts of the Montana case which we do know in the light most favorable to the defendant,* which I think we have to do--they share some surface similarities, but this is really very clearly a case of resistance being overwhelmed by authority and of inability to consent.  Homosexuality can be cured through homosexuality?  This is 100% what stat rape laws are designed to stop: children who through a combination of ignorance and oppression being coerced into sex.

*Of course, all the caveats I've previously made are still in effect.  If it is more similar to this case than has been reported, well, it's more similar to this case than has been reported.

:mellow:

Montana - teacher has "consensual sex" with an emotionally fragile 14-year-old girl 

Iowa - pastor has "consensual sex" with an emotionally fragile 14-year-old boy

Help me out here with the difference.

The girl was reportedly having sex for pleasure, the boy in order to battle Satan.  It is completely clear in the latter case that no real consent was ever manifested, whereas in the former case it is completely unclear.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

The logic is bizarre but I suspect it is a result of having minimum sentencing so draconian that the judge chickened out on it.  This is a huge problem with this sort of thing: we build this caricature of the sub-human vile sex predator and pass laws based on stopping that person...so when confronted with actual complex people that are actual sex predators we chicken out because our laws were not designed to stop them just those other people.

But it is fucked up this dude is not getting some significant jail time.  Only after that should he be getting probation with a sex offender program.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2013, 07:31:41 AM
The logic is bizarre but I suspect it is a result of having minimum sentencing so draconian that the judge chickened out on it.  This is a huge problem with this sort of thing: we build this caricature of the sub-human vile sex predator and pass laws based on stopping that person...so when confronted with actual complex people that are actual sex predators we chicken out because our laws were not designed to stop them just those other people.

But it is fucked up this dude is not getting some significant jail time.  Only after that should he be getting probation with a sex offender program.

What is the minimum in this case?  And if a judge can opt not to impose it, can it really be said to be mandatory?

Viking

Quote from: merithyn on September 12, 2013, 10:40:11 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 12, 2013, 09:57:03 PM
I meant that the comparison to the Montana case is spurious.  Which, again, we don't really know that much about.  But viewing the facts of the Montana case which we do know in the light most favorable to the defendant,* which I think we have to do--they share some surface similarities, but this is really very clearly a case of resistance being overwhelmed by authority and of inability to consent.  Homosexuality can be cured through homosexuality?  This is 100% what stat rape laws are designed to stop: children who through a combination of ignorance and oppression being coerced into sex.

*Of course, all the caveats I've previously made are still in effect.  If it is more similar to this case than has been reported, well, it's more similar to this case than has been reported.

:mellow:

Montana - teacher has "consensual sex" with an emotionally fragile 14-year-old girl 

Iowa - pastor has "consensual sex" with an emotionally fragile 14-year-old boy

Help me out here with the difference.

I'm 100% on board with this.

But, just confirmation here, did the pastor have intercourse with the boys?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

merithyn

Quote from: Viking on September 13, 2013, 11:22:38 AM

Yes, from what I understood by the news sources, he did. Multiple times over the course of many years.

dps

Quote from: merithyn on September 13, 2013, 11:29:47 AM
Quote from: Viking on September 13, 2013, 11:22:38 AM

Yes, from what I understood by the news sources, he did. Multiple times over the course of many years.

From the story in the opening post, I'm not sure that there was actual penetration.  I kind of got the impression that it was mutual masturbation.  I'm not sure it makes any difference.  Actually, I don't really think it does morally or ethically.  It might legally.

merithyn

Quote from: dps on September 13, 2013, 11:35:42 AM

From the story in the opening post, I'm not sure that there was actual penetration.  I kind of got the impression that it was mutual masturbation.  I'm not sure it makes any difference.  Actually, I don't really think it does morally or ethically.  It might legally.

There are multiple news stories that say that Girouex admitted to having had sex with the boys. I took that to mean penetration.

Viking

Quote from: merithyn on September 13, 2013, 12:09:44 PM
Quote from: dps on September 13, 2013, 11:35:42 AM

There are multiple news stories that say that Girouex admitted to having had sex with the boys. I took that to mean penetration.

I gotta go with dps here, I got the impression that it was either mutual masturbation/circle jerks or communal masturbation (no touching just jerking off while being next to each other). With his admission of sex I took that to mean the circle jerk, not anal penetration.

Though, I must say, I have no fucking clue what these overlapping, unclear and diffuse euphemisms for inappropriate conduct are supposed to mean. Because, to be honest I need some means of calibrating my outrage. Cause the communal masturbation is merely inappropriate and wierd, the mutual masturbation is bad enough, but anal rape would get me hoping there was a hell for this fucker to go to. The sentence suggests rape, the coverage suggests fondling and the leniency suggests merely exposing himself while masturbating himself.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.