Pastor has sex with teens to cure them of homosexuality

Started by merithyn, September 12, 2013, 12:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

And again, no jail time. Just probation and therapy. I just love the message that's being sent. Oh, and the long-term, four-year relationship that resulted in "mutual contact" 25 - 50 times started when the kid was 14, and went to the youth pastor for help with his homosexual urges to get better.

Quote31 year old Brent Girouex was arrested on 60 counts of suspicion of sexual exploitation by a counselor or therapist.

The former youth counselor told police he did it to "help with homosexual urges by praying while he had sexual contact with [them]."

He claimed the acts would give his victims "sexual purity."

Making matters even worse, Girouex has four children of his own and now his estranged wife Erin is speaking out against him now.

Girouex admitted having sexual relations with at least four young men but as many as eight have now stepped forward claiming abuse.

The man told cops one of his relationships lasted four years and there was "mutual" contact 25 to 50 times.

The victim is an adult now, he told police the real number was between 50 and 100 times.

Several of the victims told investigators the encounters with the former Council Bluffs, Iowa youth pastor took place at Girouex's house.

Girouex is said to have told detectives "when they would ejaculate, they would be getting rid of the evil thoughts in their mind."

Last week a judge handed down a 17-year prison sentence but promptly suspended it to allow Girouex to get sex offender treatment and probation.

As long as Girouex doesn't violate the terms of his probation, he won't do any jail time.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 12, 2013, 12:52:53 PM
You need more judges from Alberta

You are perhaps unfamiliar with the decision of R v Ewanchuk, where the SCC (and L'Hereux-Dube in particular) crapped all over several Alberta judge fors the decision in a sexual assault case.  In particular, the Court of Appeal justice who commented that the complainant was not dressed "in a bonnet and crinolines" was been repeatedly denounced from coast to coast...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: merithyn on September 12, 2013, 12:31:06 PM

Making matters even worse, Girouex has four children of his own and now his estranged wife Erin is speaking out against him now.

This is a very poorly written sentence.  /languishaspergers
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Something about this story doesn't make sense.  How is homosexual sex supposed to cure you of homosexuality?

Caliga

A friend of mine used to be an Assistant DA back in the Philly area till he got caught having sex with a teenage boy in his car.  I can't remember if the kid was legally of consenting age or not.

Anyway, people screamed for blood in terms of the punishment when he pled guilty, but the judge sentenced him to house arrest, and then due to the outcry it was revoked and he got thrown in regular jail.

On top of that, he was disbarred and his wife divorced him, so it seemed to me like more than ample punishment as his life is totally wrecked, especially given that the relationship was consensual. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on September 12, 2013, 01:51:08 PM
A friend of mine used to be an Assistant DA back in the Philly area till he got caught having sex with a teenage boy in his car.  I can't remember if the kid was legally of consenting age or not.

Anyway, people screamed for blood in terms of the punishment when he pled guilty, but the judge sentenced him to house arrest, and then due to the outcry it was revoked and he got thrown in regular jail.

On top of that, he was disbarred and his wife divorced him, so it seemed to me like more than ample punishment as his life is totally wrecked, especially given that the relationship was consensual. :hmm:

DA in gaol?  I'm sure that was fun. :(

Poor guy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Yeah, this was a few years back and he's out.  Last I heard he's a waiter now.

Admiral Yi

If the kid was of age, what would he have pled guilty to?

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 02:05:16 PM
If the kid was of age, what would he have pled guilty to?
He gave him drugs or something like that.

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on September 12, 2013, 01:50:28 PM
Something about this story doesn't make sense.  How is homosexual sex supposed to cure you of homosexuality?

Well, if it was with some folks, it would have that effect.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius