Pastor has sex with teens to cure them of homosexuality

Started by merithyn, September 12, 2013, 12:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on September 12, 2013, 07:04:17 PM
That's just Iowa, Jake.

Let me be clearer: west of the Mississippi and east of the Rockies, you take your life into your own hands.

Yeah whereas is in MS, all is dandy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Mississippi is green, making it superior to the brown West.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on September 12, 2013, 05:10:07 PM
Quote from: Viking on September 12, 2013, 03:54:48 PM
Yeah, I can see that being the case for a first time offense or somebody who handed himself in, but neither applies in this case. Systematic long term use of a privileged position to conduct repeated molestation and sexual assault (not rape rape if I understand the case correctly, just circle jerks) of minors entrusted to his care in my mind qualifies for some prison time.

No, no. Don't confuse the issue. He had full-penetration sex with these kids who were entrusted to his care to help them.

And no jail time because he just needs therapy and he'll be fine. Like the guy in Montana.

Really?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Scipio

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 07:16:07 PM
Quote from: Scipio on September 12, 2013, 07:04:17 PM
That's just Iowa, Jake.

Let me be clearer: west of the Mississippi and east of the Rockies, you take your life into your own hands.

Yeah whereas is in MS, all is dandy.
Nah, we're just much less rapey.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

merithyn

Quote from: Ideologue on September 12, 2013, 07:30:19 PM
No, no. Don't confuse the issue. He had full-penetration sex with these kids who were entrusted to his care to help them.

And no jail time because he just needs therapy and he'll be fine. Like the guy in Montana.

Really?

Actually, yeah. He had sex with these boys, all the while "praying away the gay".

I am never going to understand the no jail thing on this kind of crime.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

I'm not sure publishing all of these sexual abuse stories isn't becoming counter-productive; I'm beginning to find them rather wearing and am beginning to ignore or trying to 'tune them out'.

Do they often tell us much about the world we live in, especially as we may well live in a time when sexual exploitation of minors/children is at a historic low level ? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on September 12, 2013, 09:08:23 PM
I'm not sure publishing all of these sexual abuse stories isn't becoming counter-productive; I'm beginning to find them rather wearing and am beginning to ignore or trying to 'tune them out'.

Okay, Jadey McJade.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 09:11:12 PM

Okay, Jadey McJade.

What?

garbon

Quote from: mongers on September 12, 2013, 09:17:03 PM

Okay, Jadey McJade.

What?

What? You're the one advocating not to publish stories about sexual abuse because you now just tune them out. :mellow:

/the one who thinks it is typical to have a story where a male pastor has sexual contact with young males to cure them of homosexuality.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 09:20:28 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 12, 2013, 09:17:03 PM

Okay, Jadey McJade.

What?

What? You're the one advocating not to publish stories about sexual abuse because you now just tune them out. :mellow:

/the one who thinks it is typical to have a story where a male pastor has sexual contact with young males to cure them of homosexuality.

That's not what I said.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on September 12, 2013, 09:22:18 PM
That's not what I said.

"I'm not sure publishing all of these sexual abuse stories isn't becoming counter-productive; I'm beginning to find them rather wearing and am beginning to ignore or trying to 'tune them out'."

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on September 12, 2013, 08:55:18 PM
Actually, yeah. He had sex with these boys, all the while "praying away the gay".

:yes: That kind of logic is just criminal.

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on September 12, 2013, 08:55:18 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 12, 2013, 07:30:19 PM

Really?

I meant that the comparison to the Montana case is spurious.  Which, again, we don't really know that much about.  But viewing the facts of the Montana case which we do know in the light most favorable to the defendant,* which I think we have to do--they share some surface similarities, but this is really very clearly a case of resistance being overwhelmed by authority and of inability to consent.  Homosexuality can be cured through homosexuality?  This is 100% what stat rape laws are designed to stop: children who through a combination of ignorance and oppression being coerced into sex.

*Of course, all the caveats I've previously made are still in effect.  If it is more similar to this case than has been reported, well, it's more similar to this case than has been reported.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

merithyn

Quote from: Ideologue on September 12, 2013, 09:57:03 PM
I meant that the comparison to the Montana case is spurious.  Which, again, we don't really know that much about.  But viewing the facts of the Montana case which we do know in the light most favorable to the defendant,* which I think we have to do--they share some surface similarities, but this is really very clearly a case of resistance being overwhelmed by authority and of inability to consent.  Homosexuality can be cured through homosexuality?  This is 100% what stat rape laws are designed to stop: children who through a combination of ignorance and oppression being coerced into sex.

*Of course, all the caveats I've previously made are still in effect.  If it is more similar to this case than has been reported, well, it's more similar to this case than has been reported.

:mellow:

Montana - teacher has "consensual sex" with an emotionally fragile 14-year-old girl 

Iowa - pastor has "consensual sex" with an emotionally fragile 14-year-old boy

Help me out here with the difference.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon