How many people in Quebec are like Viper and Grallon?

Started by Razgovory, August 15, 2013, 06:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 27, 2013, 01:27:47 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 27, 2013, 01:09:54 PM
Oh, well, nevermind.  I was just going by what Fox said since CC didn't contradict him.

Wait, unless I contract every stupid thing said in this thread you take it as truth?

Well, I do. In every thread. 

Now I believe all sorts of absurd stuff and I blame you.   :mad:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Oh, well, nevermind.  I was just going by what Fox said since CC didn't contradict him.

Wait, unless I contract every stupid thing said in this thread you take it as truth?

It's not exactly a pleading, but I figured if it was total bullshit you'd have called him on it, is all. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on August 27, 2013, 12:43:47 PM

Imho, Quebec will have no choice but to assimilate to the anglo-saxon culture or leave the country.  There's simply no future for a French speaking province in Canada, and nothing I've read here has convinced me that I am wrong, even if I don't consider every single one of you to be a racist.  But that is not for today.

Canada isn't our country Viper - it's theirs - when will you get that into your thick head!? 

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on August 27, 2013, 01:34:02 PM

Fair warning, I am not going to deal with Meri anymore.

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 27, 2013, 01:55:51 PM

:lol:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 27, 2013, 02:05:29 PM
Damn it, CC. You unleashed Viper.

I enjoy his views regarding what he believes I think.  Huge entertainment value there.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 27, 2013, 01:55:51 PM

I tried listening to my body. It told me to fuck off.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on August 27, 2013, 11:49:05 AM
It's always the French speaking western people who have a bug about language and other cultures. Quebec, France, the Walloons. Wonder why that is.

Anglo-Canadian-Azorean pidgin speaker has no clue about languages (policies) around the world e.g Portuguese spelling reform ;)
Score one for Anglo-Canadian "multiculturalism"!

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 27, 2013, 02:32:28 PM
It's always the French speaking western people who have a bug about language and other cultures. Quebec, France, the Walloons. Wonder why that is.

Anglo-Canadian-Azorean pidgin speaker has no clue about languages (policies) around the world e.g Portuguese spelling reform ;)
Score one for Anglo-Canadian "multiculturalism"!
too mean. Calling me Azorean. You've spent too much time in France and have become culturally insensitive :(

:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Savonarola

Doesn't Canada have cultural content laws just like France?   Maybe you and the Quebecois aren't so different after all. 

;)

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

You're Italian, aren't you? At least that's what I've gathered from Ed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Besides, aren't you originally from the Alentejo region? That's only slightly better then the Azores.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

merithyn

Is there a country that does multiculturalism well? I mean, who's the poster child for a well-done multicutural nation?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

HVC

Quote from: Savonarola on August 27, 2013, 02:48:16 PM

Doesn't Canada have cultural content laws just like France?   Maybe you and the Quebecois aren't so different after all. 

;)

it seems that that only applies to commercials on tv :D. And radio, but who listens to radio? :lol: