News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale and cards

Started by Razgovory, July 11, 2013, 03:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2013, 03:02:50 PM
CC was a proponent of Expeditions:Conquistador. He posted about it somewhere in this subforum.

Yeah, Expeditions is good fun.  And a fair amount of replayability since your decisions in each interaction determine the story line.

Syt

Serious Sam package is off 75%, for under 9 bucks you can get the whole package. I've been waiting for a while for these mindless shooters to go on sale. And I paid using the money I earned selling trading cards I earned buying two or three games, voting in the community choice and playing some games I already own. ^_^
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 16, 2013, 11:17:19 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2013, 03:02:50 PM
CC was a proponent of Expeditions:Conquistador. He posted about it somewhere in this subforum.

Yeah, Expeditions is good fun.  And a fair amount of replayability since your decisions in each interaction determine the story line.
Nice.  I just bought that and Dawn of War II along with a few of the expansion packs.  I don't fully understand the whole Steam thing at the moment, but I'm working on it.  I pretty much only peruse it during the summer sale event.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Queequeg

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 15, 2013, 01:38:19 PM
Dishonored and it's main DLC 'The Knife of Dunwall' for less than $14? I'll take it.
God damn it.  I bought that for 17$ without the DLC yesterday.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

FunkMonk

Quote from: Queequeg on July 16, 2013, 04:01:36 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 15, 2013, 01:38:19 PM
Dishonored and it's main DLC 'The Knife of Dunwall' for less than $14? I'll take it.
God damn it.  I bought that for 17$ without the DLC yesterday.

That sucks.

I know it's a pretty good game and I've been waiting for a good sale. I think I'll enjoy it. There's another DLC coming out soon that is supposed to be the DRAMATIC CONCLUSION to the Knife of Dunwall DLC. I'll probably wait till another Steam sale for that too. lulz
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

I also picked up System Shock 2 for $2.50. I've never played it so I hope I'm in for a treat. :)

fhdz

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 16, 2013, 05:08:00 PM
I also picked up System Shock 2 for $2.50. I've never played it so I hope I'm in for a treat. :)

Holy shit, you most certainly are.
and the horse you rode in on

MadImmortalMan

What's all this cards business? It turns out I have some.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 16, 2013, 07:11:06 PM
I don't get it either.  It seems that you can sell them, but what is the point of someone buying them? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

No idea, i've noticed besides buying games when playing ones that i've been getting cards too.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on July 16, 2013, 07:12:05 PM
I don't get it either.  It seems that you can sell them, but what is the point of someone buying them? :hmm:

You can earn stuff with them, mostly Badges and TF2 items.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

It's akin to Xbox live gamerscore really. A gimmick that you can atleast make some money out of if you don't care about badges or your steam level.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Yeah just sell them so you can save like $1 or two on your next Steam purchase.

Syt

Quote from: fhdz on July 16, 2013, 05:24:49 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 16, 2013, 05:08:00 PM

Holy shit, you most certainly are.

If you like obtuse interfaces and gameplay design where more than half way through you're suddenly stuck because you didn't level the right skills. Still, great game nevertheless.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.