News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale and cards

Started by Razgovory, July 11, 2013, 03:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Dishonored feels like game casserole.  There's a lot of stuff I like in there, but it's kind of inelegantly mashed together.  Also, the game world just doesn't really gel, even if I think the stuff they've done with the engine is really damned impressive. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

System Shock >>> System Shock 2.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

So far I haven't been that impressed with this year's sale, yeah.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 18, 2013, 12:08:16 PM
These deals, they suck.

I've noticed when looking at what they have that there are a lot more shitty games out there than I'd realized.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Shitty game notwithstanding, Usually steam sales are full of 75%, 80% deals. Not anymore, it's all 33% & 50% crap.

Steam sales are not for spending 20$ on a game, they are to spend 5$ on games you'll never play.

I wanted Van Helsing but not for anything under 75% off.

garbon

I'm still seeing a lot of things for 75% off. Also I noticed that they seem to change up the values at various points. Expeditions:Conquistador was something like 50% but then just this morning, if it had been voted for by the community, it would have been something like 75-80% off.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2013, 12:20:32 PM
I'm still seeing a lot of things for 75% off. Also I noticed that they seem to change up the values at various points. Expeditions:Conquistador was something like 50% but then just this morning, if it had been voted for by the community, it would have been something like 75-80% off.

Yes, that's how the dailies/community/flash sales work. Every is on a sale at some % off, if it becomes daily/community/flash than that is the best deal you'll get over the course of the sale.

That's why the rule is too not buy anything that isn't DCF unless it's the last day.

garbon

I don't really know what you are whining about then.

Grey Fox

Of the 10 daily deals, 4 are under 75% and none are over 75%!

That's my complaint.

garbon

FunkMonk

Amazon and GMG and to some extent GOG have stolen a lot of thunder from these seasonal Steam sales, at least for me. Every steam sale now I feel like "Eh, I could get a similar or lower price at another vendor", so if I don't need to play it ABSOLUTELY RIGHT NOW then I just wait.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

And with those bundles out there, I've already snagged a lot of stuff. Hell, my steam library is full of crap I'll never get around to.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2013, 12:46:21 PM
And with those bundles out there, I've already snagged a lot of stuff. Hell, my steam library is full of crap I'll never get around to.
Same. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

FunkMonk

I was going through my steam library yesterday and I had no recollection at all of some of the purchases I had made.  :Embarrass:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.