News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

This means war

Started by Jacob, June 17, 2013, 08:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Aphids - supported by perfidious ants - have infiltrated my elderberry bush. They have also established a beachhead on the rhubarb.

I have secured a company of ladybugs and will dispatch them to the front forthwith. During my evening reconnaissance I discovered that the apple tree has been completely overrun.

Make no mistake; this means WAR.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on June 17, 2013, 08:37:55 PM
I have secured a company of ladybugs and will dispatch them to the front forthwith.

I imagine chemicals would be more effective.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

I'm not about to spray pesticides on things I'm going to eat.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Chemical warfare is a RED LINE!

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on June 17, 2013, 08:45:43 PM
I'm not about to spray pesticides on things I'm going to eat.

No ability to clean things in Vancouver? :(

Meanwhile, I'm setting off a bug bomb tomorrow morning. Pests have no business sharing my space.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 09:17:23 PM
Meanwhile, I'm setting off a bug bomb tomorrow morning. Pests have no business sharing my space.

You should stay away from those public restrooms.  It's always crab season there.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 17, 2013, 09:19:03 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 09:17:23 PM

You should stay away from those public restrooms.  It's always crab season there.

I don't know what you do in restrooms, but I've never gotten crabs after using one. :blink:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I always heard they can jump from toilet seats.  Which is why I'm That Guy that can only take a dump at home, or at very select locales, like a familiar lavatory.  :lol: :unsure:

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 17, 2013, 09:47:32 PM
I always heard they can jump from toilet seats.  Which is why I'm That Guy that can only take a dump at home, or at very select locales, like a familiar lavatory.  :lol: :unsure:

I don't know why, except for being a barbarian, one would think it is acceptable to shit in public.

Also, given how crabs are built for latching on, I wonder how often, if ever, they are just chilling on toilet seats.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 09:48:39 PM
I don't know why, except for being a barbarian, one would think it is acceptable to shit in public.

I sometimes hear the neighbors talking when in the bathroom at home.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 17, 2013, 09:52:00 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 09:48:39 PM

I sometimes hear the neighbors talking when in the bathroom at home.

:console:

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 09:17:23 PMNo ability to clean things in Vancouver? :(

We do; but WMD are reserved for a last resort in matters of utmost national importance.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on June 17, 2013, 09:59:37 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 09:17:23 PMNo ability to clean things in Vancouver? :(

We do; but WMD are reserved for a last resort in matters of utmost national importance.

Pesticides are WMDs? I mean we're not talking DDT.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 10:01:41 PMPesticides are WMDs? I mean we're not talking DDT.

Chemical and biological agents are considered WMD, I believe.