News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

This means war

Started by Jacob, June 17, 2013, 08:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

It's not yet A the A yet, but here's a report nonetheless.

The Lady Regiment was deployed (under a tarp, according to the strategic plan devised by the supplier of the Lady Regiment).

Inspecting the front this morning, it appears that about five of the ladies never awoke from stasis, but Command considers 2% pre-deployment casualties acceptable. Otherwise, the troops appeared to be in fine spirit.

The ladies were observed patrolling the elderberry bush in force. Some seemed to have misunderstood their orders and had relocated to an adjacent blueberry bush, as of yet unmolested by the enemy. I give them a talking to, and they explained they were acting as a strategic reserve.

More worrying, the ant countermeasures - double sided sticky tape - have proven ineffective and the the bastards are still moving around at will.

Alas, I won't be able to offer my guidance to the troops until late this evening or tomorrow morning, but I expect great things from the Ladies.

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 18, 2013, 09:22:33 AM
Where did you buy Lady bugs?

A garden store. Apparently you can order them online as well (via Amazon, natch).

sbr

merithyn

Quote from: Jacob on June 18, 2013, 10:33:29 AM
It's not yet A the A yet, but here's a report nonetheless.

The Lady Regiment was deployed (under a tarp, according to the strategic plan devised by the supplier of the Lady Regiment).

Inspecting the front this morning, it appears that about five of the ladies never awoke from stasis, but Command considers 2% pre-deployment casualties acceptable. Otherwise, the troops appeared to be in fine spirit.

The ladies were observed patrolling the elderberry bush in force. Some seemed to have misunderstood their orders and had relocated to an adjacent blueberry bush, as of yet unmolested by the enemy. I give them a talking to, and they explained they were acting as a strategic reserve.

More worrying, the ant countermeasures - double sided sticky tape - have proven ineffective and the the bastards are still moving around at will.

Alas, I won't be able to offer my guidance to the troops until late this evening or tomorrow morning, but I expect great things from the Ladies.

General, for another option against the ant brigade, I recommend a wall of Borax rather than the sticky tape.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Jacob

Quote from: merithyn on June 18, 2013, 11:31:06 AMGeneral, for another option against the ant brigade, I recommend a wall of Borax rather than the sticky tape.

How do I deploy it?

merithyn

Quote from: Jacob on June 18, 2013, 11:32:34 AM
How do I deploy it?

Construct said wall (sprinkle liberally) where you had the tape. The ants can't ascend the wall, leaving them trapped away from their aphid counter-parts with no way to protect them. Baby powder has a similar affect.

Jacob

Yeah, I have used baby powder in the past to great effect.

I'm not sure how it'll stand up to the coming rains, though.

merithyn

You can try it. Can't do worse than the sticky tape.

fhdz

Ants also won't walk past a line of chalk for some reason.
and the horse you rode in on

Barrister

Do we have enough interest on Languish to warrant a general Gardening thread?  I could use some advice on my tomatoes... :hmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

I still think naplam would have made for an interesting AAR. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2013, 11:43:32 AM
Do we have enough interest on Languish to warrant a general Gardening thread?  I could use some advice on my tomatoes... :hmm:

Container or gardenbed?

fhdz

You bet.
and the horse you rode in on

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on June 18, 2013, 11:49:27 AM

Container or gardenbed?

Container.  2 plants.

I grew a planterbox herb garden that mostly turned out well, so this year I branched out to 2 tomato plants and a red chilli plant.  They seem to be doing well, but what do I know...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

You guys are scaring me, I have a garden & it's been mainly hands off since it was put in ground outside.

I am going to need to do some scouting.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.