And we're back!

Main Menu

This means war

Started by Jacob, June 17, 2013, 08:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on June 17, 2013, 10:50:18 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 09:17:23 PM
Meanwhile, I'm setting off a bug bomb tomorrow morning. Pests have no business sharing my space.

Same here. Three-fold attack in our home begins tomorrow. Heating the rooms to excessive levels to decimate the masses. Following up with biochemical warfare to destroy the young, with continued use of WMD monthly for the next six months to a year to verify complete eradication.

I don't mind bugs in nature, but I will not - WILL NOT, I say! - allow them in my fortress of solitude. :mad:

:hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

When I was in Madagascar I made friends with a few locals and was hanging out with them in one of the more shanty-townish parts of Antanivaro. We walked by a butcher shop (basically a hole in the wall), with the meat all on display on the wooden board that served as the counter (in 30+C weather). They kept away the flies using two techniques - 1) a traditional hair fly swatter; 2) a big can of aerosol bug repellent, occasionally sprayed liberally over the flies and meat. It worked passably well, but I decided that sardines from a can and fresh baguettes were a better bet for dinner that night.

jimmy olsen

Why were you in Madagascar?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 17, 2013, 11:02:29 PM
Why were you in Madagascar?

Vacation :)

It was in 2003, I believe; a few months after Marc Ravalomanana survived the attempted coup against him. The rolling blackouts at the capital had just ended by the time I arrived.

I was more adventurous back in those days. Though, I believe Madagascar is (was) pretty safe for travelling - especially as compared to South Africa. I didn't hear - and haven't heard - any stories of bad things befalling tourists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 10:28:30 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 17, 2013, 10:25:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 17, 2013, 09:19:03 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 09:17:23 PM
Meanwhile, I'm setting off a bug bomb tomorrow morning. Pests have no business sharing my space.

You should stay away from those public restrooms.  It's always crab season there.

I saw them crawling around a urinal at the Orlando airport.  Freaked me the fuck out.  Walked to a different bathroom to pee.

WTF?

Everything grows bigger down there, you know.

garbon

I've no idea. Number of my visits to Florida equals 1.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 11:03:40 PMPorts hadn't been closed.

The airport was still open as well.

jimmy olsen

Anyways, I thought that the ants would protect their aphids? Won't they outnumber the ladybugs by quite a bit?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 18, 2013, 01:12:09 AM
Anyways, I thought that the ants would protect their aphids? Won't they outnumber the ladybugs by quite a bit?

Ants can't fly. Ladybugs have Teh Edgez.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

Where did you buy Lady bugs?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Quote from: merithyn on June 18, 2013, 08:32:47 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 18, 2013, 01:12:09 AM

Ants can't fly. Ladybugs have Teh Edgez.

Air superiority is always the key.