News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

This means war

Started by Jacob, June 17, 2013, 08:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on June 17, 2013, 10:07:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 10:01:41 PMPesticides are WMDs? I mean we're not talking DDT.

Chemical and biological agents are considered WMD, I believe.

We're not talking about agents in doses and strengths that would kill humans though.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Well, he doesn't just want to kill one ant cow, now does he? ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

The ladybugs won't help with the ants.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on June 17, 2013, 10:13:17 PM
The ladybugs won't help with the ants.

I don't mind the ants as long as they're not tending aphids.

In any case, I have been informed that double sided tape can function as a serviceable anti-ant barrier and I shall deploy it prior to bringing the ladybugs out of stasis.

Target priority:

1: the Elderberry bush. We will hit it tonight; at dusk.
2: the Apple Tree. I will secure another regiment of ladybugs and deploy them tomorrow evening.

The rhubarb is already written off for the season and has been cut down. A small colony of aphids there is acceptable to keep the ladybugs around over the rest of the summer.

lustindarkness

Napalm would work fine.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 17, 2013, 09:19:03 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 09:17:23 PM
Meanwhile, I'm setting off a bug bomb tomorrow morning. Pests have no business sharing my space.

You should stay away from those public restrooms.  It's always crab season there.

I saw them crawling around a urinal at the Orlando airport.  Freaked me the fuck out.  Walked to a different bathroom to pee.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Never rub anothr man's rhubarb.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

fhdz

Ladybugs are rad and will eat the shit out of the aphids. I support Jacob in his non-chemical pest management methodology.
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on June 17, 2013, 10:25:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 17, 2013, 09:19:03 PM
Meanwhile, I'm setting off a bug bomb tomorrow morning. Pests have no business sharing my space.

You should stay away from those public restrooms.  It's always crab season there.

I saw them crawling around a urinal at the Orlando airport.  Freaked me the fuck out.  Walked to a different bathroom to pee.

WTF?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 17, 2013, 10:23:11 PM
Napalm would work fine.

Like I said in a discussion of the same subject elsewhere - I'm afraid I might burn my house down, and that would count as a win for the aphids. Can't have that.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 10:28:30 PM
WTF?

I'm guessing that's what they were.  It was like 4 or 5 years ago and the thought still makes me cringe.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on June 17, 2013, 10:38:16 PM
WTF?

I'm guessing that's what they were.  It was like 4 or 5 years ago and the thought still makes me cringe.

Crabs are pretty small.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2013, 10:40:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 17, 2013, 10:38:16 PM
WTF?

Crabs are pretty small.

Okay.

merithyn

Same here. Three-fold attack in our home begins tomorrow. Heating the rooms to excessive levels to decimate the masses. Following up with biochemical warfare to destroy the young, with continued use of WMD monthly for the next six months to a year to verify complete eradication.

I don't mind bugs in nature, but I will not - WILL NOT, I say! - allow them in my fortress of solitude. :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Jacob

The tarp and double sided tape has been deployed.

The lady warriors are exiting their stasis.

T - 5 minutes to deployment