News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Habbaku

I thought it was, but then you people started making plays again.  I'll make a play soon--sorry for the delay.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Ulmont was sending me death threats. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on September 17, 2013, 11:03:22 AM
I thought it was, but then you people started making plays again.  I'll make a play soon--sorry for the delay.
:jaron:

Habbaku

:ike:

QuoteProtestants: Play Card as Event
#27: 2 / Knights of St. John
If Knights of St. John are on map, not under siege, and connected by 1 sea zone to an Ottoman-controlled port, and Ottoman is not an inactive major power, then either draw and keep 1 random card from Ottoman or drop their piracy VP by 1. OR If Knights of St. John are off map Spain adds Knights counter on its 2-unit side to a Spanish-controlled home port. If Malta is under Spanish control and not under siege, add them there. Otherwise add them to an empty, unfortified Spanish home port and add a fortress to the space.

Message from Protestants:
Event. Steal a card from the Ottomans.

To Max to fork over a card, then play.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

Sokollu goes to lift the siege of Szigetvar. The dice are currently 12 vs 12. Garbon to respond and roll battle

garbon

Quote#40: 1 / Tilbury Speech [COMBAT]
Gain 2 extra dice in a field battle, naval combat or assault (but not piracy). If England, gain 4 extra dice. Must be declared before either side rolls.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Schwendi gives a rousing speech.

Turks score 2 hits but HRE scores 5. Max up to retreat his forces(/run inside?).

HRE loses 2 mercs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Sokollu reinforces the fortress and the remainder retreat to Belgrade.

ulmont is up

Habbaku

You can only reinforce the fortress garrison if you get equal hits in the battle.  Sokollu and friends have to go back where they came from.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Built the armada and dropped a Jesuit in Bristol.  File sent, Sol up.

Solmyr

Walsingham arranges mass disappearances of Spanish subversives. Berkut up.

Berkut

Play Priest Holes to save one of ulmonts choice.

Play 4 CP card to patronize Montaigne
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

As if there's even going to be a next turn. :rolleyes:

Habbaku

If people expect me to stop France all by myself, they're going to be disappointed.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on September 20, 2013, 02:32:39 PM
As if there's even going to be a next turn. :rolleyes:

I believe in hedging at all times.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned