And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

garbon

Quote#62: 3 / Northwest Passage
Force a sea captain in the Guinea Coast or North Atlantic to roll a die. If the roll is less than or equal to his navigation rating, there is no effect. However if the roll exceeds his rating, he is diverted to look for the Northwest Passage. All Treasure being carried by the expedition is lost. Roll another die. On a 5 or 6 he dies and is removed from the game. On any other roll his expedition is cancelled and captain is placed on Turn Track.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
1/3 Stack assaults Szigetvar

Quick pause in case there is any response, else I'll continue.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

garbon

Assault fails. 1 HRE merc lost.  2 mercs built in Graz.

My file also contains the scientist I patronized a few impulses back (/moved El Greco over to artist track).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

QuoteProtestants: Play Card as Event
#56: 2 / Index of Prohibited Books
Take 6 Catholic Conversion attempts that can affect spaces in France, Netherlands, and/or Scotland. The first die is automatically a "6"; the rest are rolled randomly. OR Cancel the progress of an artist or scientist. Remove their marker from the "Patronized for X CP" box and place it on the Turn Track.

[FAQ: Placing the artist or scientist on the Turn Track serves as a reminder that this power may not sponsor another artist or scientist until next turn. The artist or scientist reenters play next turn.]

Message from Protestants:
Event. Cancel Montaigne.

Montaigne's work is too dangerous to be out in public.  No French artist this turn.

Max is up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Max is up. Unless we just declare Berkut the winner...

And btw, if Spain leaves me alone for the rest of this turn, I'm willing to play something to delay French victory. But only if Spain stops fucking with me, otherwise I'll be playing the same card against them.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on September 29, 2013, 09:58:50 AM
Max is up. Unless we just declare Berkut the winner...

Hey, I could still be in it...

Maximus

Sokollu besieges Pressburg. Ulmont up

ulmont

Now that I've looked at the board, pass.

Solmyr

While rioting, Londoners decide that they are Protestant after all. Off to Berkut.

Berkut

Did we decide that our chosen HC would go to the Power card, or in our hand? I cannot recall, and I think the wrong one is in my hand, if that was what was chosen. Or in other words, I *think* the one I chose in on my PC, but I thought that we decided the other way around, so I want to confirm.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on October 07, 2013, 12:10:16 PM
Did we decide that our chosen HC would go to the Power card, or in our hand? I cannot recall, and I think the wrong one is in my hand, if that was what was chosen. Or in other words, I *think* the one I chose in on my PC, but I thought that we decided the other way around, so I want to confirm.

Chosen HC to the Power card.  Look at the Armada, Walsingham, and Patron of Arts and Sciences (all from the Power card).

Berkut

Cool. I will play Black Queen to take a look at the HRE hand.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Berkut

0 rows returned