News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on January 21, 2016, 04:01:22 PM
If everyone hates him, how did he get to be in second place?

I'm just baffled by this election.  :(

Only people who know him personally hate him. As I said, obnoxious and disliked. For real, not like John Adams in that musical.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on January 21, 2016, 03:15:31 PM
I think Nate is being a bit self-serving in his analysis.  He wasn't the first one to misread Trump completely, he was just one of the last ones to come around.

Nate should stay the course. He was right then, and he should stay true to his original righteousness.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Phillip V

Quote from: Valmy on January 21, 2016, 04:04:52 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 21, 2016, 04:01:22 PM
If everyone hates him, how did he get to be in second place?

I'm just baffled by this election.  :(

Only people who know him personally hate him. As I said, obnoxious and disliked. For real, not like John Adams in that musical.
Tell me about Mrs. Cruz.  :hmm:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on January 21, 2016, 04:24:12 PM
Tell me about Mrs. Cruz.  :hmm:

She is a finance person of some sort thus, according to Dorsey, probably cheats on him. :P

But seriously just reporting the word on the street here in Texas. I am sure his mother loves him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

So interesting side story: National Review has declared all-out war on Donald Trump.

http://www.nationalreview.com/

Apparently the print edition has nothing but anti-Trump articles, most of which call him out for not being a true conservative.  Trump blasts NR over Twitter, citing its declining circulation, because of course that's what Trump would do.  NR was supposed to participate in a Republican debate, and has now been disinvited as well.

I have zero belief that this will even move the dial in terms of Trump's support, but its an interesting move for the magazine to make when many other conservative voices are trying to make peace with the idea of a candidate Trump.  I'm not sure if it would be better or worse for the magazine for Trump to actually be the nominee in terms of its relevance in this day and age.

I have mixed feelings about NR itself.  I remember discovering the magazine in my high school library, and would often read it in the very early 90s.  It helped form my own political beliefs.  But it lost a lot of its coherence once Buckley passed on, and reading it now online there's a wide variety in tone, depth and values between articles.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

I got my world view from lingerie catalogs and Police Academy movies.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Yeah, let's argue over definitions NR, that'll stop Trump.  :lol: :frusty:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on January 22, 2016, 01:56:34 PM
Yeah, let's argue over definitions NR, that'll stop Trump.  :lol: :frusty:

It has sunk right wing politicians forever. The terms 'RINO' and so forth.

Trump is immune...almost uniquely so.

Legbiter

These insufferable faggots deserve the clean sweep Trump's about to unleash on them.  :bleeding:

Legbiter

Meanwhile Sanders is running these in Iowa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nwRiuh1Cug

Now that's how you win a nomination.  :thumbsup:

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on January 22, 2016, 02:04:54 PM

No pictures of the troops? Commie.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2016, 02:20:42 PM

No pictures of the troops? Commie.

They don't show him shooting a rifle either. :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

That's a fun, lovely commercial. :)

MadImmortalMan

A lot of the shots in that video came from a rally at UNR not long ago.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers