News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

I think it will play poorly. Debates are the most important events during a campaign. Skipping one because you thought a reporter was mean to you in the last one is ridiculous.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on January 27, 2016, 08:43:25 AM
I think it will play poorly. Debates are the most important events during a campaign. Skipping one because you thought a reporter was mean to you in the last one is ridiculous.

It is ridiculous. But it will play well. You will see.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

I'm not second-guessing Trump on this. Probably makes him look presidential (he'll hold his own event during the debate) but the other beta niceguys get to engage in a circular firing squad while getting emasculated by Megyn Kelly.  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

DGuller

I'm not going to be brave enough to predict how this will play out.  Definitely seems like a big gamble, but a big gamble with a potential payoff.  It could be the hubris-fueled beginning of his downfall, or it could be another strong power move.  If his town hall has bigger ratings than the debate, that would certainly be amusing.

Malthus

Quote from: Legbiter on January 27, 2016, 09:31:32 AM
I'm not second-guessing Trump on this. Probably makes him look presidential (he'll hold his own event during the debate) but the other beta niceguys get to engage in a circular firing squad while getting emasculated by Megyn Kelly.  :lol:

A question: do you actually see everything in terms of "seduction community" sexual politics? I mean, when you look at a chemical reaction, is the first thought in your head "look at those alpha male molecules bonding like crazy?"  :hmm: :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Legbiter

It's just sales man. And Trump is a master salesman, turning the campaign into pro wrestling and sidelining the establishment.

The Minsky Moment

He's running away from a debate because he's scared a girl might pick on him. 
That doesn't seem that tough and virile to me. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

he comes across as a 10 or 11 year old bully, certainly not a mature 12 year old.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

sbr

Again you have to look at who is the target of this message.  Many of them were likely bullied by girls in their pre-teen years.

11B4V

I would say more misinformed and or very skewed values. Though if you three say they were bullied by girls, well I guess you all would know I guess.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 27, 2016, 07:20:56 PM

He's just negging her.  Yeah, that's it...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: sbr on January 27, 2016, 08:45:48 PM
Again you have to look at who is the target of this message.  Many of them were likely bullied by girls in their pre-teen years.

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on January 28, 2016, 02:26:38 AM
Quote from: sbr on January 27, 2016, 08:45:48 PM

:huh:

Remember, they're all single males over 30 who masturbate to hentai.  :P

Legbiter

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 27, 2016, 07:20:56 PM

Well yes, at first glance Trump appears petulant and whiney. Maybe narcissistic, fascist, and a little bit of Hitler too.

Yet he's succeeded in making it all about him again. Cruz just challenged him to a 1 on 1 debate.  :lol:

Trump has a skill set that absorbs mistakes and turns them into whatever he wants them to be.

Lettow77

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 28, 2016, 03:11:48 AM
Remember, they're all single males over 30 who masturbate to hentai.  :P

It is whispered in the halls of those in the know that Trump, like Ron Paul before him, will Make Anime Real.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'