Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on January 19, 2016, 09:33:26 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 19, 2016, 05:09:07 PM
Sarah Palin endorses Trump. The Crazy ticket? :lol:
Her eldest being arrested for beating up his gf is making more news than this endorsement up here.

Listening to her speech now...my Hod, what a train wreck.  :lol:

Legbiter

Quote from: katmai on January 19, 2016, 09:33:26 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 19, 2016, 05:09:07 PM
Sarah Palin endorses Trump. The Crazy ticket? :lol:
Her eldest being arrested for beating up his gf is making more news than this endorsement up here.

From the Trump press release.

QuotePalin's endorsement is amongst the most sought after and influential amongst Republicans. Since 2009 she has supported over 150 conservative candidates, helping to flip over thirty US House seats and 5 US Senate seats to regain historic majorities. She helped launch the careers of several key future leaders of the Republican Party and conservative movement. Senator Ted Cruz notes: "I would not be in the United States Senate were it not for Gov. Sarah Palin... She can pick winners." Senator Jim Demint noted: "She has done more to change the political landscape in America as anyone since Ronald Reagan."

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-receives-coveted-endorsement-of-influential-conservative-sa

Trolling level: ELITE
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Legbiter on January 20, 2016, 09:46:21 AM
Gov. Sarah Palin... She can pick winners."

But can she pick her friend's winners?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

The problem with Cruz is he is obnoxious and disliked.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Wow, Palin has developed a rep as a kingmaker now?  :huh:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2016, 10:01:36 AM
The problem with Cruz is he is obnoxious and disliked.

Luckily Trump is neither.

:mellow:

:lmfao:
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Quote from: celedhring on January 20, 2016, 10:20:29 AM
Probably among people who have difficulty with critical thinking.  Republicans are on the electoral upswing, obviously for all the wrong reasons, and some of them happened to be endorsed by Palin, so voila...

Legbiter

Quote from: celedhring on January 20, 2016, 10:20:29 AM

Yes apparently she's ridiculously likable on a personal level, nevermind her politics. Which may well translate into irrational trust about her people-judging skills.  :hmm:

My working hypothesis is that Trump is a max-level persuader so her endorsing Trump is probably like most of his campaign so far; rather smart and astute, especially in comparison to his Trained Seal Syndrome competition.

Malthus

I have a horrible feeling that Sanders will win the Democratic nomination. Trump will win the Republican, and that Trump will then go on to win the election.  :(

Please convince me this won't happen.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

I try not to think about it Malthus. Hilary Clinton is our only hope.

Man I never thought I would type those words.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on January 20, 2016, 10:52:14 AM
I have a horrible feeling that Sanders will win the Democratic nomination. Trump will win the Republican, and that Trump will then go on to win the election.  :(

Please convince me this won't happen.

Perhaps Littlefinger figures out a way to get past Clinton and Sanders.  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2016, 10:53:43 AM

Sanders can beat Trump.

Legbiter

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2016, 10:53:43 AM

Man I never thought I would type those words.

This is why Yi caucusing for Hillary is so important. On this the fate of the republic depends.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy