News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Habs, I've pretty much gotten what I needed out of this war, which was to knock you done a bit.

If you agree to play Spanish Pay Ships siezed as Ops in your next play, I will agree to not drive into France.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Sounds rather reasonable to me; I made it very obvious that I wanted to fight the Protestants instead of you and the quick fall of Metz actually saves me the effort of trying to relieve it.

Of course, it also stymies a future war with the HRE, so...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

On an unrelated note; Garbon, have you considered doing a 3 CP rebellion in Rotterdam?  For purposes of the Dutch Revolt VP-granting card, 3 spaces would swing the VP direction a column over and a rebellion there would flag all the spaces automatically...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Taxi courier service to give Drak his card.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Tamas is passing, so back to Berkut.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Played Commissioned from Italy to patronize El Greco

Used a treasure to build 4 mercs in Besancon

0 rows returned

Tamas

Berkut is abandoning his ally!  :o

Drakken

I will be out of town today, won't be back home before late tonight.

ulmont

Drake and Hawkins are surprisingly ineffectual in the New World, while Frobisher makes it most of the way around the globe.

Habbaku

Quote#67: 3 / Spanish Pay Ships Seized

Message from France:
For CPs :

1-2/3 - Patronize artist.
3/3 - Remove unrest in Paris.

The streets of Paris are made safe for baguette-eating artists.  Off to Drakken.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on June 16, 2012, 09:29:18 AM
Drake and Hawkins are surprisingly ineffectual in the New World, while Frobisher makes it most of the way around the globe.

Played Scurvy on Frobisher, since he passed his Nav roll by only 1, so he actually failed it.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 16, 2012, 10:20:18 AM
Quote from: ulmont on June 16, 2012, 09:29:18 AM

Played Scurvy on Frobisher, since he passed his Nav roll by only 1, so he actually failed it.

Moves him from no effect to damaged, sure.

Habbaku

Sure you want to risk it without my help, Ulmont?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont