Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Ulmont is Hawkins currently in play in London?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2012, 10:44:42 AM
Ulmont is Hawkins currently in play in London?

No.  Frobisher is now on the map in the New World, while the remaining two captains (Drake and Hawkins) are off-map.

In other news, the English patronize Dee and send Frobisher to the New World.

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Event
#71: 3 / Witchcraft

Message from France:
Event, drawing a card from the Protestant hand.

More Witchcraft from France.

Off to Drakken regardless.  No file, naturally.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Those were probably the luckiest witches ever...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Changed my mind slightly.  After pulling the card from Garbon, I'm going to use my treasure to raise 2 mercenaries in Marseilles.

Now off to Drakken.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Ulmont, do you have anything of interest to me, perhaps?  I have Experienced Pilot in hand and would be willing to play it to help Frobisher along for some sort of kindness.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Event

#22: 3 / Genoese Bankers

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
2 cards to be drawn. Place -1 Card on my Power Card.
No file.

Off to Garbon.

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on June 15, 2012, 11:09:31 AM
Ulmont, do you have anything of interest to me, perhaps?  I have Experienced Pilot in hand and would be willing to play it to help Frobisher along for some sort of kindness.

Not unless your tastes are esoteric, no.

Habbaku

A card or a treasure next turn would be fine.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote#89: 3 / Mary Queen of Scots [RESPONSE]

Message from Protestants:
1/3 - move William and crew to Calais
2/3 - move 3 mercs from Rouen to Caen
3/3 - take control of Caen

Then I'll spend my 3 CP treasure to extend the turn.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2012, 10:56:27 AM
Those were probably the luckiest witches ever...

What did he get?

0 rows returned

garbon

Berkut

0 rows returned