New X-COM game coming . . . and it's turn based strategy!

Started by Syt, January 05, 2012, 11:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Unlike katmai I value the lives of my X-COM soldiers: Three missions into Classic/Ironman (no tutorial) and no KIAs.  :showoff:

X-Comrades Golda Meir, Augusto Pinochet, and Bruce Willis are grateful I am such a thoughtful commander.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Quote from: katmai on October 09, 2012, 09:09:08 PM
<_<

Of course after I post that I lose three guys in two missions.  :lol:

Golda Meir took a plasma shot to the face and Sylvester Stallone didn't even last one mission.  :rolleyes:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DontSayBanana

Downloading the demo now.  I'm on the fence, with the Civ5 deal and all.
Experience bij!

Razgovory

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 09, 2012, 10:30:40 PM
Downloading the demo now.  I'm on the fence, with the Civ5 deal and all.

I thought CIV V deal was only for preorders.  I can give you a copy of CIV V, but only if you promise to say my name really loud when chasing a duck.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Nope, they are still giving away a copy of Civ V with a buy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Mr. Grey

Game is absolutely amazing. Although I liked the demo, it did not do it justice.

I played for 8hrs straight.....just couldn't force myself to stop! Everytime I tried to stop and go to bed...it was like, "1 more day til research complete!" "Now just 2 more days til my new facility is built!" "Oh nos, Aliens terrorizing those poor Canadians, I must save them!"  :P

I'm really happy with the remake so far.
Autokrator lives

FunkMonk

Yeah, this game really has the Firaxis "one more turn" thing going for it.

Razgovory

I'm going to disappoint Nigeria.  They wanted a satellite, but I can't build one fast enough. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Mr. Grey

Quote from: Razgovory on October 10, 2012, 09:22:22 AM
I'm going to disappoint Nigeria.  They wanted a satellite, but I can't build one fast enough. :(

After I placed my order for 1 satellite, I started yelling at my screen when it kept telling me I didn't have any to launch. I overlooked the whole '20 days' to manufacture just one.

India was already at lvl 4 panic and I was freaking out. Thank heaven, a terror mission there popped up and their panic level went to zero after I kicked some chryssalid ass!

Ugh! I just want to go home and play all night again!  :mad:
Autokrator lives

Tamas

The game really "clicked" for me during this bomb disarmament mission in Australia... Thin Men almost eradicated my squad. My only sniper was ambushed one one Thin Man just after he overwatch-shot an other one.

Due to experience soldiers making such a huge difference, losing them HURTS. I am of course playing Ironman.

lustindarkness

I wonder if I got this for the PS3 for my son I can get him off my laptop (he plays RTW on it every afternoon  <_<).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Ok, bought the game from Amazon US for $45 . . . still have to wait for unlock? WTF?

Also, in the day of digital retail I find it silly to have staggered release dates around the world. :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

QuoteAvailable: 12 October 2012
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 5 hours
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.