American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Caliga

:sleep:

I already swapped out the backstrap for a smaller one to accommodate my monstrous hands, but I'm having trouble swapping the mag release to the left side.  It's weird how you have to do it on this gun; they want you to stick a drift-punch into a teeny little hole on the mag release button for some reason, and that releases the spring.  My father in law showed me how to do it on his Smith & Wesson M&P and it looked way easier. :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

I think I'm going to load the mags up as far as I can in order to loosen the springs up.  I wonder if it'd be a good idea to leave the slide locked back for a while too?  This is my first 'new' handgun... my SIG 522 was also new but it's a rifle so whole different ballgame.

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on February 01, 2012, 10:37:08 PM
I think I'm going to load the mags up as far as I can in order to loosen the springs up.  I wonder if it'd be a good idea to leave the slide locked back for a while too?  This is my first 'new' handgun... my SIG 522 was also new but it's a rifle so whole different ballgame.

Oil it up, take it to the range and run 200-300 rounds through it. That'll get it broke in. :) Dont worry about the mag springs.

My Colt M1991 .45, that I bought back in '94 has not had more than 100 rounds through it and it's still tight as hell.

CountDeMoney

My P-38 from 1944 still has the same CLIP from the war, and the spring is still good after all these years.

Berkut

My .25 Raven Saturday night special has never been fired that I am aware of...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on February 02, 2012, 04:19:25 PM
My .25 Raven Saturday night special has never been fired

Then how do you explain the kids?  nyuk nyuk

DGuller

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 02, 2012, 03:25:36 PM
My P-38 from 1944 still has the same CLIP from the war, and the spring is still good after all these years.

Habbakku is going to jump on your ass for saying "CLIP" instead of magazine.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

You or your brother.  I mix you up occasionally.  Sometimes it's hard to remember which one is the smart one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on February 02, 2012, 08:56:50 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 02, 2012, 03:25:36 PM

Habbakku is going to jump on your ass for saying "CLIP" instead of magazine.

That's why I capitalized it.

Caliga

I need a "drift-punch" to switch the mag release on the Beretta from right handed to left handed.... whatever the fuck that is. :hmm: