American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

If I get enough out of my Czech Vz.24 rifle, I may run down to a place near Cal's and pick up one of these:

A semi-auto .223 rifle for just over $300.  Plus since it's basically an AK with non-threatening stock/handguard, I can convert it to something cooler-looking later.  And since it's actually made where AK's originated, I would think the workmanship will be a bit better than my Romanian SAR-1 (7.62x39mm AKM clone).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Caliga

Caliga

Ed Anger

I think I pwned some n00bs in Unreal Tournament with one of those guns.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 03, 2012, 09:19:54 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/want-to-see-the-worlds-biggest-caliber-rifle-in-action/

:showoff:

I like the comments.  Shit about the global elite, and chemtrails. :lol:

That gun fires a shell the around the size of what's on a Bradley I think.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Right up there with the shadow people people, yep.

Caliga

Just got back from the range with the Beretta--Princesca brought the Glock 19 along (which is now 'officially' hers) and my father in law brought his Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm.

The Beretta's performance was a bit uneven but I think (hope) it's because it's brand new.  It stovepiped after the very first shot, and maybe 20 rounds later it failed to feed once or twice.  I fired a total of 60 rounds through it, and right before I emptied the last magazine it jammed again (not sure what you call this type of misfeed but basically it looked like it tried to pull two rounds into the chamber at once; I had to release the magazine and fish one of the rounds out of the ejector in order to clear the gun... fired fine after that.  I have seen horror stories about this model misfeeding after every single shot, and definitely didn't experience that.

But man, it's a sweet gun to shoot.  It has noticably less recoil than the Glock due to the rotary bolt, and because it's SA/DA it's got a very nice, light, short trigger pull I much prefer to the Glocks (the first round after you load a magazine is typically going to be DA, but I was manually cocking the hammer).  I found it to be very accurate--I'm not the best shot (but I'm getting better!) and I put one round right through the exact center of the target at 7 meters and got about five more in the center roundel, and most of the rest of the shots in the one immediately outside that.... no wild shots at all.  When I fire the Glock 19 I tend to shoot very low, but didn't have that problem at all with the Beretta.

I hope the feeding problems I experienced are due to me being too lazy to remove all the factory grease before I took it to the range. :blush:  I just got done cleaning it and I cleaned all that shit out and reoiled... so hopefully that was the problem.

Anyway, I was happy enough with my results that I signed up for a CCDW class in two weeks. :cool:

Oh, and Princesca's Glock performed beautifully as always (never had a single misfeed/jam/etc. with that gun).  My father in law's M&P kept jamming on him so he rented a Sig P229 from the range and fired that most of the time. :lol:  I hate his M&P... the last time I fired it it jammed on me like that and he said I was limp wristing it. :rolleyes:  But I guess he has to eat his words now.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on February 05, 2012, 04:23:34 PM
Wal-Mart Federal 115 grain FMJ  :blush:

I've never had probs with Fedral. Even their rifle ammo is pretty consistent over a chronograph. Might be a bad batch. Have you tried the ammo in the glock?

Whether you got it at Wally World is irrelevent.

FYI: My Colt Govt .45 will not shoot wolf ammo for shit. A box is usually good for 3-4 stove pipes. I avoid Wolf ammo at all costs.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".