News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Interesting.  I don't really want a subcompact, but I do want (need) a fully ambi gun to suit my left-handedness.  That's why I gave the Glock 19 to Princesca.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on January 13, 2012, 10:41:54 PM
Interesting.  I don't really want a subcompact, but I do want (need) a fully ambi gun to suit my left-handedness.  That's why I gave the Glock 19 to Princesca.

PX-4 storm
5. Ambidextrous Safety (Type F): The ambidextrous safety lever, easily accessible by the thumb or a right or left handed shooter, is spring loaded so it's either positively "on" or "off". The safety lever also functions as the pistol's decocking lever. When pushed down, the rear part of the firing pin (striker) is rotated out of alignment with the front part of the firing pin. (NOTE: Type C does not have an external safety/decocking lever). Additional hammer drop catch (half cock notch) prevents striking of the firing pin unit in the remote chance of unintentional hammer drop.

8. Reversible Magazine Release: Multiple-sized, reversible magazine release buttons allow for customization to the individual's hand size. Small size comes standard on the gun, while medium and large buttons are available as accessories and easy replacement. Each size may be positioned for right-handed or left-handed use.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: 11B4V on January 14, 2012, 01:23:56 AM
PX-4 storm
5. Ambidextrous Safety (Type F): The ambidextrous safety lever, easily accessible by the thumb or a right or left handed shooter, is spring loaded so it's either positively "on" or "off". The safety lever also functions as the pistol's decocking lever. When pushed down, the rear part of the firing pin (striker) is rotated out of alignment with the front part of the firing pin. (NOTE: Type C does not have an external safety/decocking lever). Additional hammer drop catch (half cock notch) prevents striking of the firing pin unit in the remote chance of unintentional hammer drop.

8. Reversible Magazine Release: Multiple-sized, reversible magazine release buttons allow for customization to the individual's hand size. Small size comes standard on the gun, while medium and large buttons are available as accessories and easy replacement. Each size may be positioned for right-handed or left-handed use.

Buddy of mine wants one of these in .45.  Seems pretty slick.

11B4V

FNP
All variations of the pistol include ambidextrous decocking levers and a reversible magazine release, as well as an integrated tactical accessory rail. In addition, the FNP-45 offers an ambidextrous slide release.

HK USP
By using a modular approach to the internal components,[4] the control functions of the USP can be switched from the left to the right side of the pistol for left-handed shooters. The USP can also be converted from one type of trigger/firing mode to another. This includes combination of double-action and single-action (DA/SA) modes and double-action only (DAO) modes.[3]

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 14, 2012, 01:28:23 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 14, 2012, 01:23:56 AM
PX-4 storm

Buddy of mine wants one of these in .45.  Seems pretty slick.

I havent heard anything bad on the PX. On the street anyway. Beretta firearms are usually of very good quality.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: 11B4V on January 14, 2012, 01:31:56 AM
I havent heard anything bad on the PX. On the street anyway. Beretta firearms are usually of very good quality.

Only ones either of us have fired are the M9 and the 92FS or whatever the civilian version of the M9 is called.  He's having a little trouble finding a Storm .45 he can actually try out.  vOv

I dig my Sig, but it isn't ambidextrous aside from the mag release, I don't think.  Decocker and such would be on the wrong side if it isn't.

11B4V

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 14, 2012, 01:36:43 AM

Only ones either of us have fired are the M9 and the 92FS or whatever the civilian version of the M9 is called.  He's having a little trouble finding a Storm .45 he can actually try out.  vOv

I dig my Sig, but it isn't ambidextrous aside from the mag release, I don't think.  Decocker and such would be on the wrong side if it isn't.

Sig is a good weapon. I have a p220 .45

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: 11B4V on January 14, 2012, 01:53:00 AM
Sig is a good weapon. I have a p220 .45

I ended up with a Pro 2022 9mm after the last gun show I attended.  The thing puts whichever bullets you shove into it exactly where it's pointed over and over.  Really can't ask for much more.

First day I shot it I was making smiley faces at the range.  :lol:

Caliga

Pulled the trigger (hee hee) on one of these babies today.  I'll let you niggas know how it does once I pick it up (FFL) from the local dealer.

11B4V

MadImmortalMan

Italian. They have to survive being dropped.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 30, 2012, 12:33:20 PM

Italian. They have to survive being dropped.
When I picked this up today the guy who owns the range made a joke about that too.  It was something like "Beretta eh?  Best gun to fire when walking backwards." :D

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Caliga on December 13, 2011, 08:53:02 PM
  I even saw a guy cleaning his rifle at his table once.

In a restaurant?  WTF?
No wonder you eat at gas stations.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller