American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Neil

Quote from: JonasSalk on December 13, 2011, 12:38:01 AM
Quote from: Neil on December 12, 2011, 07:39:29 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 12, 2011, 01:41:37 PM
:( Lucky SOBs. I want to own a M1 Garand.
In Quebec?  Why do you hate women?
...wasn't that a Mini-14?
Doesn't matter.  Quebec is trying to take the position that any guns owned by anyone is a crime against women.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Yes & It's fucking annoying.

I love women, especially my little girl :wub:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Rasputin

Quote from: Caliga on December 12, 2011, 07:16:28 PM
Quote from: JonasSalk on December 12, 2011, 01:54:54 PM
Yeah, in most states it's legal to open carry, but not South Carolina, Florida, Texas, and some others around the country.  In Georgia, OC and CC are treated as identical; there is no legal distinction made between them.
:hmm: Meaning you can only openly carry if you have a conceal carry permit there?

no in florida openly carrying is illegal even for those with a permit

one may only exhibit the gun in public in the actual act of self defense
Who is John Galt?

Caliga

Open carry is perfectly legal here - for everyone, not just CCDW permit holders - and on occasion you do see people carrying.  It's especially common to see it during hunting season.  In fact, at the height of deer season when I go down to the Marathon for breakfast, half of the people in there are hunters with their sidearms holstered at their waist in plain view.  I even saw a guy cleaning his rifle at his table once.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

JonasSalk

Yuman

dps

Quote from: Caliga on December 13, 2011, 08:53:02 PM
Open carry is perfectly legal here - for everyone, not just CCDW permit holders - and on occasion you do see people carrying.  It's especially common to see it during hunting season.  In fact, at the height of deer season when I go down to the Marathon for breakfast, half of the people in there are hunters with their sidearms holstered at their waist in plain view.  I even saw a guy cleaning his rifle at his table once.

What kind of idiot hunts deer with a sidearm?

Neil

Quote from: dps on December 13, 2011, 09:06:04 PM
An American idiot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: dps on December 13, 2011, 09:06:04 PM
It's for finishing the deer off if necessary. :contract:

That said, there are people that hunt with pistols around here too.

JonasSalk

There are such things as hunting handguns, you know. They often have scopes on them, have rather lengthy barrels, and fire particularly potent cartridges. It's not super common, but it's definitely a segment of the hunter culture. It's not like they're taking a pocket pistol out and hunting bears.
Yuman

11B4V

Quote from: JonasSalk on December 13, 2011, 10:10:22 PM
There are such things as hunting handguns, you know.

No, Jonas they dont. Neal and dps ignorance is hilarious to say the least.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Same around here in the smaller towns.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

fhdz

Quote from: Rasputin on December 12, 2011, 01:51:05 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 02, 2011, 09:14:20 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 02, 2011, 09:12:54 PM
I still need to pick up a SAIGA shotgun. For home 'defense'.  :menace:
You, my friend, need the Judge.

nice

im going to try quail hunting with that!

The recoil must be neato.
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

I'll obviously need to test one out on a range first, but heavily leaning toward a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact now.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on January 13, 2012, 09:07:53 PM
I'll obviously need to test one out on a range first, but heavily leaning toward a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact now.

Oh Cal, 

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/08/15/beretta-nano/

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive