And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Playoffs

Started by Admiral Yi, May 14, 2011, 03:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 24, 2011, 07:59:04 AM
Takes two to tango.

They stopped doubling Dirk and tightened up their offense.  Not sure what they were thinking.

I mean putting just one guy on Dirk is begging the Mavs to come back.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on May 24, 2011, 08:02:10 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 24, 2011, 07:59:04 AM
Takes two to tango.

They stopped doubling Dirk and tightened up their offense.  Not sure what they were thinking.

I mean putting just one guy on Dirk is begging the Mavs to come back.

Oklahoma is a very young and inexperienced team. It's only natural that they make the wrong decisions from time to time, they're still having their growing pains.

Eddie Teach

When do the Finals start?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 24, 2011, 08:30:25 AM
Conference finals still going on, but the Heat and the Mavs are both up 3-1, so it shouldn't be that long from now.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on May 24, 2011, 08:23:50 AM
Oklahoma is a very young and inexperienced team. It's only natural that they make the wrong decisions from time to time, they're still having their growing pains.

Well I would hope it is the coach who makes the call on who to double team.  He is the one responsible IMO.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 24, 2011, 08:33:12 AM
Conference finals still going on, but the Heat and the Mavs are both up 3-1, so it shouldn't be that long from now.

Let's party like it's 2006.

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 24, 2011, 08:33:12 AM

The Heat is only up 2-1. The Bulls aren't dead yet.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

I don't know how the Bulls had the season they did.  As the commentator (Hubie?) pointed out during their last game, the Bulls roster is packed full of one-way players.  Basically everyone except Rose plays only defense or only offense.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 24, 2011, 09:10:24 AM
I don't know how the Bulls had the season they did.  As the commentator (Hubie?) pointed out during their last game, the Bulls roster is packed full of one-way players.  Basically everyone except Rose plays only defense or only offense.

They have a hard working team and during the regular season a lot of teams take a lot of nights off.  They also play great defence.  Hard work and great defence almost always wins.  Which is why they are in the Eastern Final.

Their problem is they are up against what may become one of the greatest dynasties in NBA history.

jimmy olsen

Mavs going to the finals.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Heat won.

I'm rooting for the Mavs but I think the Heat just have to much firepower.

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Whatever makes Mark Cuban bleed inside.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2011, 05:27:57 AM
Whatever makes Mark Cuban bleed inside.
What's your beef with him?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Watching Lebron James cry and the media freak out if the Heat lose would be so very entertaining.

But it means I have to watch a team from Dallas win  :yuk:

But anything is better than seeing the Heat be crowned God-Emperors of Dune I guess.

Eddie Teach

I'm in same boat as Valmy, would rather Miami win but LeBron lose.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?