News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Where did all the criminals go?

Started by Josquius, June 21, 2011, 06:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on June 21, 2011, 04:32:27 PM
Can poor, single mothers afford abortions in the US of A?  :huh: This is not a rhetorical question.

The feds pay if you're brown.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

The article hints at it, but doesn't really discuss this - the falling crime rate is not limited only to the USA.  Canada has experienced a very similar curve.  But many of the factors that are discussed in the article are very much USA-specific.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on June 21, 2011, 06:47:11 PM
The article hints at it, but doesn't really discuss this - the falling crime rate is not limited only to the USA.  Canada has experienced a very similar curve.  But many of the factors that are discussed in the article are very much USA-specific.

If this keeps up, you might be out of work. :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: The Brain on June 21, 2011, 05:47:26 PM
Quote from: Josephus on June 21, 2011, 04:32:27 PM
Can poor, single mothers afford abortions in the US of A?  :huh: This is not a rhetorical question.

The feds pay if you're brown.

I guess that's so they keep the darkie population down?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on June 21, 2011, 07:16:15 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 21, 2011, 06:47:11 PM

If this keeps up, you might be out of work. :D

I've said it before - if I am put out of work because of a lack of crime to prosecute then I'll be a happy man in the unemployment line.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.