News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Playoffs

Started by Admiral Yi, May 14, 2011, 03:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Quote from: Jacob on June 13, 2011, 09:46:03 AM
So what's so bad about LeBron? Does a yine care to give a quick Digest of his sins?

He is a very talented athlete. He has been given everything since a young age because of this talent. This includes being anointed the next "MJ" and possibly the best ever before he won anything. However, when push comes to shove, if Lebron isn't given it than he doesn't take it (like an "MJ" or other great superstar would) on the court. He than makes excuses which makes him come across as whiny, immature, and egomaniac. It was tolerable until the whole "Decision" show and Lebron along with his buddies basically holding the NBA hostage stating "they'll" decide which franchise to make the best ever.

Ultimately, Lebron will be another Wilt Chamberlain. Extremely athletically gifted individuals who did not use their talent to the fullest because their "heart" wasn't in it.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

Yeah, the Decision TV thing was annoying.  Favre-esque.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

So what's so bad about LeBron? Does a yine care to give a quick Digest of his sins?

He didn't win - which is the only real sin Americans won't forgive.

As Jimmy and strix allude, MJ was even more arrogant but he also came through in the clutch and won championships.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 13, 2011, 12:02:05 PM

He didn't win - which is the only real sin Americans won't forgive.

As Jimmy and strix allude, MJ was even more arrogant but he also came through in the clutch and won championships.

:yes: 

Ed Anger

QuoteBarry Petchesky — If you've ever wanted to see an entire state act like jealous toddler throwing someone else's toys, Ohio's got you covered. LeBron James, who spent years bringing money and excitement to Cleveland, and still does extensive charity work in Akron, didn't win at basketball. As a result, Ohio Governor John Kasich issued a proclamation today making the Mavericks honorary Ohioans, because those who stopped LeBron from winning are the real heroes.

You'll notice that this proclamation doesn't actually mention LeBron James. It does contain this:

"Whereas, NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Dirk Nowitzki chose to re-sign with the Dallas Mavericks in the summer of 2010, forgoing free agency and keeping his talents in Dallas, thus remaining loyal to the team, city and fans for whom he played his entire career."

The proclamation is not legally binding, and the Mavericks will not be given official residency. But if Dirk wants to spontaneously impregnate much of the state, like he did for South Florida last night, I'm sure that would be welcome.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

I think that the "taking my talents to..." line is going to be rubbed on LeBron's face for the rest of his career.

jimmy olsen

Maverick DeShawn Stevenson's shirt  :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: Strix on June 13, 2011, 11:25:10 AM

He is a very talented athlete. He has been given everything since a young age because of this talent. This includes being anointed the next "MJ" and possibly the best ever before he won anything. However, when push comes to shove, if Lebron isn't given it than he doesn't take it (like an "MJ" or other great superstar would) on the court. He than makes excuses which makes him come across as whiny, immature, and egomaniac. It was tolerable until the whole "Decision" show and Lebron along with his buddies basically holding the NBA hostage stating "they'll" decide which franchise to make the best ever.

Ultimately, Lebron will be another Wilt Chamberlain. Extremely athletically gifted individuals who did not use their talent to the fullest because their "heart" wasn't in it.

Oh and, fuck the ipad's auto correction on typing. How can it think that "anyine" should be "a yine" and not "anyone"? Piece of junk.

Alcibiades

My favorite so far:

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

crazy canuck

Thats good except Dirk doesnt have small hands.

dps

Q:  What mathematical concept is illustrated by the following:  the Olympic Flag;  the Audi trademark;  Ringling Brothers Barnam and Bailey Circus;  a married couple;  Frodo;  Lebron James.

A:  Each item on the list has one less ring than the item before it.

jimmy olsen

:lol: Harsh.

Anyways, rather than start a new thread I'll put this here.

If I was Cleavland I would definitely pick Williams 1st, and then take the best point guard that was left with the 4th pick. Williams just seems like the best player in the draft to me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point