And we're back!

Main Menu

March Madness

Started by Admiral Yi, March 13, 2011, 02:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 19, 2011, 02:36:53 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 19, 2011, 02:28:26 AM
Are you really getting all steaming mad and stuff because of the beating your wife question?

That is kind of funny - I posted a link which, I thought, explained the question rather thoroughly, although I am kind of surprised you didn't already now what it meant.

Your question "Are you saying you can hit the shooter on the arm" was a classic logical fallacy, and the canonical example of the fallacy of the loaded question is "Have you stopped beating your wife yet". Asking you that question is simply a way of illustrating the fallacy you were making - I wasn't seriously asking if you beat your wife.

Quotego fuck yourself and take it up with your own player

Edit: Seriously though, forget that shit Berk.  Being irritated with you is fucking with my qi and I don't like it (I also feel like a giant douche for the kid fucking thing even though...blah...whatever I apologize for that).  Let's talk about some Texas - Arizona.  Looks like a very good, physical matchup. 

No worries.

I don't know about Arizona - I really don't. They suddenly just stopped playing defense a few weeks ago. Now teams just routinely drive to the rim while the entire team watches them go by. We can outscore people anyway, but it is rather odd that a team like Memphis is making a game like that close when it should have been a comfortable win.

If Arizona can hit the three consistently and play just a little defense, they can beat anyone.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

One of my brackets is in the 99.3%.  :showoff:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 20, 2011, 12:43:00 AM
One of my brackets is in the 99.3%.  :showoff:

That itself is a statistic probability given how many brackets you probably enter.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Too bad about Michigan.

Quote from: Berkut on March 19, 2011, 10:05:35 PM
No worries.

I don't know about Arizona - I really don't. They suddenly just stopped playing defense a few weeks ago. Now teams just routinely drive to the rim while the entire team watches them go by. We can outscore people anyway, but it is rather odd that a team like Memphis is making a game like that close when it should have been a comfortable win.

If Arizona can hit the three consistently and play just a little defense, they can beat anyone.

Yeah Texas is kind of an unknown to me at this point too.  Even in the Oakland game, they were totally different one half to the next, although to be fair, they changed some things up to try to slow it down or something.  Whatever they were trying to do, it wasn't working.  They actually made free throws though, amazingly enough, which is something they've been...not so good at...this year.

okay my laptop is needing a reboot, shit is crashing all over the place. explorer just restarted twice

katmai

I've got no dogs left  in the race with Huskies loss. Time to start watching Baseball or MLS :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on March 20, 2011, 04:45:26 PM
I've got no dogs left  in the race with Huskies loss. Time to start watching Baseball or MLS :lol:
Communist.

Just heard on NPR that 18 pep bands have Lady Gaga in their repetoire.  Many more than one. :bleeding:

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 20, 2011, 04:48:07 PM
Communist.

I can't help there isn't a team left worth rooting for.

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on March 20, 2011, 04:56:07 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 20, 2011, 04:48:07 PM
Communist.

I can't help there isn't a team left worth rooting for.

Some Pac-10 fan you are.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Well the way they have played last few weeks I am already expecting them to lose to Horns :lol:

:P

Eddie Teach

It came one game too late if you ask me.  :mad:

p.s. there's still UConn.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Sorry about your Bulldogs, and UConn....ewwww.

I have passing interest in Aztecs, but they won't make it past next game if they play like they did vs Temple.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on March 20, 2011, 05:16:57 PM
UConn....ewwww.

Yeah, I know, just riffing on your pun.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

I know....those fuckers have knocked UW out of the tourny twice in last 8 appearances.

On last second shots no less, so they get repeated every fucking year. :bleeding:

MadBurgerMaker

Haha Johnson is going to have to move.

katmai