Started by Admiral Yi, March 13, 2011, 02:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 18, 2011, 11:33:17 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 18, 2011, 10:06:47 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 18, 2011, 05:08:18 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 18, 2011, 05:06:42 PM
where is the blown call?

Chest to elbow, I believe is what they're saying.

Uhhh, no. That is a great block.

As we always say "If the shot missed because it got swatted into the stands, ignore incidental body contact afterwards..."

That was not even a great no-call...it was a routine no-call.

His hand was above the rim. It was goaltending.  Some ref you are.

:lol:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on March 19, 2011, 01:44:43 AM
I have never officiated a basketball game, but I loved basketball growing up and I can't imagine anyone younger than 40 that has watched more bball than I have.  I also didn't see the play until I read this thread.

That was not a foul.  I understand why the Memphis fans are crying about it but that's tough shit.  If anything the shooter initiated contact by extending his elbow as he goes up.  Of course you can only see that in the ridiculous slo-mo gif that was posted here.  No way an official can call that in real time without replay, if he had there would be even more people bitching that the official had "decided the game" the other way.

TBH, I don't think, from the angle he had, the ref could even really see the contact on the block anyway, so it's not really fair to say he screwed up.

Either way, my goddamn bracket at least looks okay so far in the West. Richmond and Morehead both ruined everything in the SW (not FSU though ahaha fuck Aggy).  I also had Butler losing and Nova winning (sorry Bob) ffs.  :bleeding:  I actually picked Gonzaga, Marquette, Illinois, and VCU though.  Amazing.  Or something.  It'll get even more messed up as my homer/retard picks don't pan out though (Texas, Florida, UNC, Kansas LETS DO THIS).  Oh well.  At least I didn't go into full dumbass mode and pick UTSA to be the first 16 to beat a 1. 

Berkut

Are you really getting all steaming mad and stuff because of the beating your wife question?

That is kind of funny - I posted a link which, I thought, explained the question rather thoroughly, although I am kind of surprised you didn't already now what it meant.

Your question "Are you saying you can hit the shooter on the arm" was a classic logical fallacy, and the canonical example of the fallacy of the loaded question is "Have you stopped beating your wife yet". Asking you that question is simply a way of illustrating the fallacy you were making - I wasn't seriously asking if you beat your wife.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on March 19, 2011, 02:28:26 AM
Are you really getting all steaming mad and stuff because of the beating your wife question?

That is kind of funny - I posted a link which, I thought, explained the question rather thoroughly, although I am kind of surprised you didn't already now what it meant.

Your question "Are you saying you can hit the shooter on the arm" was a classic logical fallacy, and the canonical example of the fallacy of the loaded question is "Have you stopped beating your wife yet". Asking you that question is simply a way of illustrating the fallacy you were making - I wasn't seriously asking if you beat your wife.

Quotego fuck yourself and take it up with your own player

Edit: Seriously though, forget that shit Berk.  Being irritated with you is fucking with my qi and I don't like it (I also feel like a giant douche for the kid fucking thing even though...blah...whatever I apologize for that).  Let's talk about some Texas - Arizona.  Looks like a very good, physical matchup. 

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Admiral Yi

Oh well.  GU wasn't going that deep anyway.

derspiess

Well, shit.  If WVU hadn't gone the first 6+ minutes of the 2nd half without scoring this would've been a bit different.  The Big East is gonna need a different standard bearer this year.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Huggins flops again? UNBELIEVABLE.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Pretty good Gator Bruin matchup right now.

Admiral Yi

UCLA cheerleaders: subpar. :thumbsdown:

Admiral Yi

Florida closes it out.

Admiral Yi

Michigan's victory was the first time in tourney history that a team won without a single made free throw.

11 and 12 seed matchup right now.   That's not something you see every day.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2011, 02:59:20 PM
UCLA cheerleaders: subpar. :thumbsdown:

:huh:  For UCLA cheerleaders, maybe.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 19, 2011, 04:44:48 PM

11 and 12 seed matchup right now.  

Do you mean 12 and 13?