News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

OK, I will admit:  tonight's Walking Dead gave me my first Oh-Fuck dropped cigarette moment when [spoiler]Axel got ventilated out of fucking nowhere.  Talk about not seeing that one coming;  he certainly didn't.[/spoiler]

Glenn [spoiler]is acting like a teenager that's never had pussy before.  He's getting on my nerves.  Better man the fuck up.[/spoiler]

I only had a minor Rickgasm tonight.

dps

Quote from: katmai on February 17, 2013, 11:07:30 PM
Uh it's owned by BBC Worldwide so not sure what you mean dps.

The BBC itself and BBC Worldwide are separate entities.

Viking

Quote from: dps on February 18, 2013, 05:30:59 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 17, 2013, 11:07:30 PM
Uh it's owned by BBC Worldwide so not sure what you mean dps.

The BBC itself and BBC Worldwide are separate entities.

Only in the sense that the license fee does not go to pay for BBCW
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Viking on February 18, 2013, 05:56:40 AM
BBC Worldwide's a private subsidiary of the BBC, so there's a bit more difference than that.
Let's bomb Russia!

Viking

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 18, 2013, 06:05:04 AM
Quote from: Viking on February 18, 2013, 05:56:40 AM
BBC Worldwide's a private subsidiary of the BBC, so there's a bit more difference than that.

OK, the BBC has to pay taxes on the profits that BBCW makes...

But, apart from the license fee not funding BBCW and the BBC having to pay taxes on BBCW profits what substantive differences are there?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

What, no Walking Dead ruminations? After that episode? WTF?

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 18, 2013, 09:39:59 PM
What, no Walking Dead ruminations? After that episode? WTF?
seemed too short, they could have cut out the city scenes. But good over all. and ya, [spoiler] didn't see the headshot coming either[/spoiler]
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012).  Cute, charming, funny, and weird, but maybe a little unbelievable.  Neither quite as poignant nor as ambiguous as I had been led to believe, either.  B?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on February 18, 2013, 09:47:48 PM
and ya, [spoiler] didn't see the headshot coming eitehr[/spoiler]

[spoiler]His body saved her life, though.  That was some serious Saving Private Ryan body-as-sand-bag shit right there.[/spoiler]  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 18, 2013, 09:49:58 PM
Safety Not Guaranteed (2012).  Cute, charming, funny, and weird, but maybe a little unbelievable.  Neither quite as poignant nor as ambiguous as I had been led to believe, either.  B?

Yes, an example of how the power of trailers consumes us all.

I'd so bang the holy fuck out of Aubrey Plaza, though.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 18, 2013, 09:52:57 PM
Quote from: HVC on February 18, 2013, 09:47:48 PM
and ya, [spoiler] didn't see the headshot coming eitehr[/spoiler]

[spoiler]His body saved her life, though.  That was some serious Saving Private Ryan body-as-sand-bag shit right there.[/spoiler]  :lol:
[spoiler]Must be nice to put on the resume for the actor :D[/spoiler]
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 18, 2013, 02:16:46 AM
Glenn [spoiler]is acting like a teenager that's never had pussy before.  He's getting on my nerves.  Better man the fuck up.[/spoiler]

That's because that's what he is.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 18, 2013, 09:54:02 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 18, 2013, 09:49:58 PM

Yes, an example of how the power of trailers consumes us all.

I'd so bang the holy fuck out of Aubrey Plaza, though.

Dude, that goes without saying.  A+ ass.  Lots of personality in the role, too.

It is a good movie, maybe even a very good movie and I'm being unfair--I just felt slightly disappointed with the ending, and it didn't have to be disappointing at all.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Just seen the documentary 'Queen of Versailles' on the beeb, about the Florida based Westgate timeshare owner Don Siegel and his family going through the financial downturn. 

Excellent, well worth watching, a well 'constructed' and somewhat sympathetic story. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 18, 2013, 10:16:47 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 18, 2013, 02:16:46 AM

That's because that's what he is.

Well, it's a whole new world.  If Carl can man up and shoot his own mother, then Glenn can get over his hang ups.