News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Is she claimed as a dependent? Because I thought dependents weren't eligible, so there could be an issue.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DGuller

Maybe IRS thinks Berkut is not dependable? :unsure: Would be pretty passive aggressive if true. 

And Berkut's daughter is already 16? Holy crap time flies when it's not March 2020.

Berkut

There is no question that it is some kind of error.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Habbaku

More importantly, is there some method to delay return of it until the last, legal time?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

If I was you I would probably just rip up the check to avoid later trouble but I guess you might try to return it and explain the mistake. I just think that getting that kind of message to the right person in the IRS would be a challenge.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Interesting. There are a lot of errors where they are sending checks to dead people. That is likely going to need to go back.

However, according to some articles I found, the CARES act specifically states that money sent to you in your name, if it is a greater amount than intended, is to be treated as a clerical error on the part of the IRS and is NOT to be re-collected:

https://www.today.com/money/should-you-keep-stimulus-check-deceased-relative-t180523#anchor-strongWhatifIreceiveextrafundsinmynamestrong

QuoteWhat if I receive extra funds in my name?
You can keep extra money arriving in your name. Kaeding said that the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act outlines that if someone receives too much money, it's considered a clerical error on behalf of the IRS, and "the money, in general, doesn't need to be paid back."

But Jennifer Benda, a shareholder at the law firm Hall Estill in Denver, said, "I would not plan on keeping money that you received and not paying it back if you think you got more than you're entitled." However, Benda doesn't advise sending the money back to the IRS at this time because it may cause confusion.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 05, 2020, 03:43:07 PM
I still haven't gotten any cash. :(

Have you tried that IRS where is my cash thing?

The Minsky Moment

Still waiting on my PPP loan app.  Seems I don't have the juice these other "small" business have.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

fromtia

Quote from: Berkut on May 05, 2020, 02:18:34 PM
There is no question that it is some kind of error.

It's probably my one. Still no sign of it.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2020, 02:41:44 PM
If I was you I would probably just rip up the check to avoid later trouble but I guess you might try to return it and explain the mistake. I just think that getting that kind of message to the right person in the IRS would be a challenge.
That is probably the worst thing to do.

They might then claim you owe them the money because they sent the check.

Deposit it, leave it aside, wait for things to settle down, contact them about the clerical error or wait until they claim it and give them the money.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

fromtia

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 05, 2020, 03:53:34 PM
Still waiting on my PPP loan app.  Seems I don't have the juice these other "small" business have.

you should be more vigorous. The LA Lakers got theirs like lightning.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 05, 2020, 03:45:34 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 05, 2020, 03:43:07 PM
I still haven't gotten any cash. :(

Have you tried that IRS where is my cash thing?

Yeah, they haven't added in information for people on SSI.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017