What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

A third White House staffer has tested possitive, Ivanka's personal assistant, as well as 11 secret service agents.

Berkut

Quote from: The Brain on May 09, 2020, 04:36:48 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 09, 2020, 09:08:51 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 09, 2020, 01:25:22 AM
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1258853971164368896?s=19

QuoteTRUMP: "Katie, she tested very good for a long period of time, and then all of the sudden she tested positive ... this is why the whole concept of tests aren't necessarily great ... today, I guess, for some reason, she tested positive."

Please. Stop. Talking.
I think the quote makes it sound more dumb than it was.  I think the whole clip makes it clear that Trump seems to recognize that viral infections are not something you're born with.

Why do you hate Trump? :(

https://thebulwark.com/actually-the-orange-man-is-bad/?fbclid=IwAR2fsXmdzTs7eGFXHXvSAq65q7f4uNAEXeJto2kbb_p8zL3l40893wJmBK4
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Trump in overdrive, retweeting dozens of posts all day from around the right wing blogosphere about how the Russia investigation was a hoax, how the traitors should be prosecuted and the Democrats are the real bad guys, plus other assorted nonsense.

Because that's what's important right now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on May 10, 2020, 02:18:18 PM
Trump in overdrive, retweeting dozens of posts all day from around the right wing blogosphere about how the Russia investigation was a hoax, how the traitors should be prosecuted and the Democrats are the real bad guys, plus other assorted nonsense.

Because that's what's important right now.

Remember that Trump's own supporters in blind studies concede that he is narcissistic and a bully, but that that's not what is important right now, or ever.  What's important is that libruls get pwned, no matter the consequences.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/12/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-reelection/index.html

Quote[...]

Shortly after Trump spoke, the scope of the Republican election attack became even more clear as Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa pressed the conspiracy theory on the Senate floor.

"The rule of law is at risk if the federal government can get away with violating the Constitution to do what they did to Lt. Gen. Flynn," said Grassley. "Given all that we know now regarding the fake foundation to the inquiry, it's time we asked: What did Obama and Biden know and when did they know it?"

I look forward to years of senate investigations that go nowhere but will become a common talking point for Republicans *cough*Benghazi*cough* :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Obama? Hadn't he been out of office for years by this point?  :huh:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on May 12, 2020, 07:14:51 AM

As if that's going to slow them down.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on May 12, 2020, 07:14:51 AM

The right wing nutjob narrative, as I understand it, is that Obama used the deep state apparatchiks of FBI/CIA/NBA/CPU/FAQ/BBQ/BYOB to illegally investigate/undermine Trump's campaign while he was still in office which led to the treasonous Mueller investigation hoax, Flynn's interrogation etc.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on May 12, 2020, 07:27:50 AM
The right wing nutjob narrative, as I understand it, is that Obama used the deep state apparatchiks of FBI/CIA/NBA/CPU/FAQ/BBQ/BYOB to illegally investigate/undermine Trump's campaign while he was still in office which led to the treasonous Mueller investigation hoax, Flynn's interrogation etc.

So naïve, everyone knows Obama is just the puppet of the Soros Jewish banking conspiracy.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Is launching an investigation of something illegal? I also don't get how that would be a Constitutional issue, where in the Constitution does it talk about investigations?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on May 12, 2020, 10:06:26 AM
Is launching an investigation of something illegal? I also don't get how that would be a Constitutional issue, where in the Constitution does it talk about investigations?

If the Constitution doesn't grant the power to investigate then you can't. It's the same reason a sitting President cannot go to the bathroom.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on May 12, 2020, 10:12:18 AM

If the Constitution doesn't grant the power to investigate then you can't. It's the same reason a sitting President cannot go to the bathroom.

A President should go to the bathroom standing, like God and the Constitution intended.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

Quote from: Malthus on May 12, 2020, 10:28:30 AM

A President should go to the bathroom standing, like God and the Constitution intended.

:grr:  <_<
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on May 12, 2020, 10:33:05 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 12, 2020, 10:28:30 AM

:grr:  <_<

It's in the Bible, or so I'm told, so it must be true. /Republican
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius