What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

You are not kidding. This is the only thing that matters.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Razgovory

I have a feeling I won't get a military pension out of this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

So Katie Miller, spokesperson for VP Pence (and wife to Stephen Miller) tested positive for Covid.

That makes two infections within the White House.

And of course, nobody is isolating for 14 days.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zoupa

Won't wear masks either. Cunts, the lot of them.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on May 08, 2020, 12:38:06 PM
The President has started referring to us all "warriors". 

For once he speaks the truth. 

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1258853971164368896?s=19

QuoteTRUMP: "Katie, she tested very good for a long period of time, and then all of the sudden she tested positive ... this is why the whole concept of tests aren't necessarily great ... today, I guess, for some reason, she tested positive."

Please. Stop. Talking.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

:lol:

"All those negative test results, you should build up some kind of credit."

Syt

I think the concept of a pandemic is too abstract for him. There's no massive destruction, like with a hurricane, there's no person or group behind it that he can blame, and I think until someone or several people he knows suffer from it and potentially die, I don't think he doesn't feel that it concerns him beyond making him look bad.

That said, considering how this supposed germophobe flaunts all security measures, how long can he dodge the bullet? Pence I imagine could make it through a Covid-19 infection, but Trump?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

True, but the concept of an umbrella is also too abstract for him.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on May 09, 2020, 01:57:42 AM
I think the concept of a pandemic is too abstract for him. There's no massive destruction, like with a hurricane, there's no person or group behind it that he can blame, and I think until someone or several people he knows suffer from it and potentially die, I don't think he doesn't feel that it concerns him beyond making him look bad.

That said, considering how this supposed germophobe flaunts all security measures, how long can he dodge the bullet? Pence I imagine could make it through a Covid-19 infection, but Trump?
Most people make it, even high risk elderly.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on May 09, 2020, 01:25:22 AM

QuoteTRUMP: "Katie, she tested very good for a long period of time, and then all of the sudden she tested positive ... this is why the whole concept of tests aren't necessarily great ... today, I guess, for some reason, she tested positive."

Please. Stop. Talking.
Avi Friedman
@realFriedmanAvi
·
17h
Replying to
@atrupar
This is why I don't buy into the whole pregnancy tests market.
A woman can test negative her entire life, then all of a sudden, she tests positive. They aren't great.
:lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Please. Stop. Talking.
I think the quote makes it sound more dumb than it was.  I think the whole clip makes it clear that Trump seems to recognize that viral infections are not something you're born with.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on May 09, 2020, 09:08:51 AM

Please. Stop. Talking.
I think the quote makes it sound more dumb than it was.  I think the whole clip makes it clear that Trump seems to recognize that viral infections are not something you're born with.

No one needs to misrepresent Trump, he attempting to misrepresent himself the whole time.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Please. Stop. Talking.

:huh:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Please. Stop. Talking.

Why do you hate Trump? :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.