What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on May 05, 2020, 05:13:50 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 05, 2020, 03:45:34 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 05, 2020, 03:43:07 PM
I still haven't gotten any cash. :(

Have you tried that IRS where is my cash thing?

Yeah, they haven't added in information for people on SSI.

I got an email saying the money is coming.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Turns out you don't need a wall to halt immigration to the US.  You just need such incompetent management of a pandemic that migrants flee a dysfunctional America for the relative safety of destitute cartel infested Guatemala, etc.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/world/americas/coronavirus-migrants.html

QuoteMEXICO CITY — A migrant shelter in southern Mexico called La 72 has for years been a popular way station for those traveling from Central America to the United States. Last year it received a record number of visitors, sometimes sheltering more than 2,000 a month.

In recent weeks, however, that traffic has come to a grinding halt, and even gone into reverse.

Since late March, amid the coronavirus pandemic, no more than 100 migrants have passed through the shelter. And nearly all were heading south, trying to get back to their homes in Central America.

Congrats Donald!  Promises kept!
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 05, 2020, 07:11:45 PM
Turns out you don't need a wall to halt immigration to the US.  You just need such incompetent management of a pandemic that migrants flee a dysfunctional America for the relative safety of destitute cartel infested Guatemala, etc.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/world/americas/coronavirus-migrants.html

QuoteMEXICO CITY — A migrant shelter in southern Mexico called La 72 has for years been a popular way station for those traveling from Central America to the United States. Last year it received a record number of visitors, sometimes sheltering more than 2,000 a month.

In recent weeks, however, that traffic has come to a grinding halt, and even gone into reverse.

Since late March, amid the coronavirus pandemic, no more than 100 migrants have passed through the shelter. And nearly all were heading south, trying to get back to their homes in Central America.

Congrats Donald!  Promises kept!

We must build a wall to keep those people in, lest food prices increase due to lack of cheap labor.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1257814281330069504?s=20

QuoteThey blasted "Live and Let Die" while Trump walked around a Honeywell plant today in Arizona without a mask. It's hard to believe this clip is real.

(video at link)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on May 05, 2020, 02:34:38 PM
More importantly, is there some method to delay return of it until the last, legal time?

:rolleyes: Don't pretend 1200 is something worth messing around with to get a week's interest on it.

Caliga

Letterman was interviewed on Stern the other day and he said a friend of his "on the inside" told him that the reason Pence didn't wear a mask when he went to the Mayo Clinic was because Trump had told him not to, since he refuses to wear one (makes perfect sense), and the reason why Trump won't wear a mask is because his handlers can't figure out how to get one to stay on him without messing his hair up. :lol:  Since it's Letterman it's likely to be a joke, but I can totally see it being true. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on May 06, 2020, 02:44:33 AM
More importantly, is there some method to delay return of it until the last, legal time?

:rolleyes: Don't pretend 1200 is something worth messing around with to get a week's interest on it.

:rolleyes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on May 06, 2020, 08:09:05 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 06, 2020, 02:44:33 AM

:rolleyes:

So you WERE serious? :rolleyes:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

Is the IRS really that fast?

The equivalent stimulus will take years for the CRA to claim back if a mistake was made.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2020, 08:44:25 AM
Is the IRS really that fast?

The equivalent stimulus will take years for the CRA to claim back if a mistake was made.

Their great rival Death is looking strong right now, the IRS will hardly settle for second place.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on May 06, 2020, 07:14:09 AM
Letterman was interviewed on Stern the other day and he said a friend of his "on the inside" told him that the reason Pence didn't wear a mask when he went to the Mayo Clinic was because Trump had told him not to, since he refuses to wear one (makes perfect sense), and the reason why Trump won't wear a mask is because his handlers can't figure out how to get one to stay on him without messing his hair up. :lol:  Since it's Letterman it's likely to be a joke, but I can totally see it being true. :sleep:

This administration has been hell on comedians. How can you satirize this government? Anything you come up with as satire can be mistaken for something they actually do, and vice versa.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tamas

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Malthus on May 06, 2020, 09:42:00 AM
This administration has been hell on comedians. How can you satirize this government? Anything you come up with as satire can be mistaken for something they actually do, and vice versa.

It's just fine for the "talent" it's tough on the writers though because there is so much supply of free material.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson