Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

You've got to be rough.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Why must you always go stampeding for the clitoris?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

I find that most women don't walk around with exposed clitorises here. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Habbaku on May 23, 2011, 06:40:12 PM
Why must you always go stampeding for the clitoris?

Python reference spotted.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

:lol:
My cousin is in Turkey on holiday at the moment. Upon first seeing a bunch of women with head scarves his 4 year old son says "Why are they all dressed like the Virgin Mary? Its not even christmas!"
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on May 24, 2011, 04:47:52 AM
My cousin is in Turkey on holiday at the moment. Upon first seeing a bunch of women with head scarves his 4 year old son says "Why are they all dressed like the Virgin Mary? Its not even christmas!"

Caliga

I hope he didn't say that aloud near any Turkish dudes who can understand English. :ph34r:

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on May 23, 2011, 06:48:05 PM
I find that most women don't walk around with exposed clitorises here. :(

Damned puritannical, repressed Kentuckians :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Wow. I've no clue how it happened but I dropped my keyboard and when picking it up mashed a bunch of keys. It typed: ☺

:o

Didn't know you could do that.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Isn't that an alt-code?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on May 24, 2011, 07:26:03 PM
Wow. I've no clue how it happened but I dropped my keyboard and when picking it up mashed a bunch of keys. It typed: ☺

:o

Didn't know you could do that.
OMG ITS A SIGN FROM GAWD THE RAPTURE IS APON US

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Habbaku on May 25, 2011, 12:21:22 PM
Abandoned Communist monuments :

http://www.cracktwo.com/2011/04/25-abandoned-soviet-monuments-that-look.html

Heh, I actually like many of 'em - a perfect use for "mass brutalism" in sculpture, as a commentary on the times.  ;)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius