News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I'm currently messing around on my computer whilst watching TV. Actual live TV.
I do this so rarely that I missed a bit of what a guy said and tried to move my mouse onto my TV to rewind it. :lol:
I guess it's like the issue parents observe with modern kids trying to touch screen everything.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on October 27, 2017, 05:20:56 PM
I'm currently messing around on my computer whilst watching TV. Actual live TV.
I do this so rarely that I missed a bit of what a guy said and tried to move my mouse onto my TV to rewind it. :lol:
I guess it's like the issue parents observe with modern kids trying to touch screen everything.

You can rewind live TV if you have a DVR you know.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

QuoteAn incident that left a driver dead when her vehicle was struck by a person who had plunged from an Interstate 66 overpass Saturday is being investigated as an attempted suicide, Virginia State Police said Sunday.

Police said a 12-year-old boy jumped from the Cedar Lane overpass and landed on an SUV being driven by 22-year-old Marisa W. Harris, of Olney, Md., who died on the scene. The boy was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries, police said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/police-12-year-old-jumped-from-i-66-overpass-killing-driver-below/2017/10/29/e2d7bdbc-bce8-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html

Harris, who lived in Arlington, was pursuing her master's degree in clinical counseling at Marymount University, her parents said Sunday from Olney. She had a passion for working with children with severe behavioral problems, they said.

And it is in the humble opinion of this narrator that this is not just "Something That Happened." This cannot be "One of Those Things." This, please, cannot be that. And for what I would like to say, I can't. This Was Not Just A Matter Of Chance. Oh, these strange things happen all the time.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Just for Spicy:

I'm putting up my Christmas tree up tomorrow.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Wait the Netherlands has a King? Huh. I thought they had a Queen. Must have missed a death in there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2017, 09:59:31 AM
Wait the Netherlands has a King? Huh. I thought they had a Queen. Must have missed a death in there.

I don't think you did.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on October 31, 2017, 10:01:19 AM

I don't think you did.

Ah. Was it a palace coup?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 31, 2017, 09:55:38 AM
Just for Spicy:

I'm putting up my Christmas tree up tomorrow.

Waiting til November, at least :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

I don't think you did.

The new queen is pretty hot.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maladict

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2017, 10:05:21 AM

I don't think you did.

The new queen is pretty hot.

:yes:

Admiral Yi

The Larch

Valmy

No wonder Spicy likes her. It's good to be the king.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2017, 11:22:33 AM
No wonder Spicy likes her. It's good to be the king.

He might also like her because her father was a minister for Videla.  :P