News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

I don't see why Ed would need to go to Japan;  can't see that there'd be a shortage of guys willing to cum on his face in Ohio.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Ouch town. Population: me.

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

My street finally got fiber optics, so I'm having fiber run to my house this morning.  Dude has been here for almost two hours and hasn't even gotten it into the house yet.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Took 2 guys 8 hours to do my house.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

You should see the mess in my parents estate.
Virgin have been laying cable there since winter. They've totally torn the place up. Patchwork streets and way more large grey control boxes than should be necessary.
I think it's a case of sub contracting gone wrong.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Tis the season for flu shots.  Our firm arranges for nurse to come in to administer the shot to all our staff and lawyers who wish to have it.  Every year I am surprised by how many choose not to have one. 

Maladict

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 26, 2017, 11:14:56 AM
Tis the season for flu shots.  Our firm arranges for nurse to come in to administer the shot to all our staff and lawyers who wish to have it.  Every year I am surprised by how many choose not to have one.

Here's it's for olds only. Odd how it's so different in North America given general attitudes to healthcare.

derspiess

My old company did the same, but made it way more complicated than it should have been to sign up and get an appointment for the shot.  You had to register and sign up two months in advance on two websites, and an appointment would be set for you.  Got a meeting during your appointment time?  Tough. 

Oddly enough, whenever we had an on-site blood donation drive (which is more involved and takes longer than getting a shot), it was always handled well.  Perhaps the insurance company was to blame for the complicated flu shot process.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maladict on October 26, 2017, 11:20:27 AM

Here's it's for olds only. Odd how it's so different in North America given general attitudes to healthcare.

The thing is, our firm picks up the cost for everyone who wants to have the shot.  There is no expense to the staff or the lawyers, but our uptake is less than 50%

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2017, 11:21:59 AM
My old company did the same, but made it way more complicated than it should have been to sign up and get an appointment for the shot.  You had to register and sign up two months in advance on two websites, and an appointment would be set for you.  Got a meeting during your appointment time?  Tough. 

Oddly enough, whenever we had an on-site blood donation drive (which is more involved and takes longer than getting a shot), it was always handled well.  Perhaps the insurance company was to blame for the complicated flu shot process.

Yeah, seems like a process designed to dissuade people from participating.

We just ask people to respond to an email to let us know if they want one, then on the day they sign a form saying they want the shot.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on October 26, 2017, 10:25:23 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 26, 2017, 10:12:11 AM
Took 2 guys 8 hours to do my house.

Union job?

Of course, Bell workers.

And the really crazy part? It was the wrong work, fiber was not needed. Techs found out about 2 hours in & said it's easier to complete than to cancel.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Our firm does this as well. Though they do it late in the season.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

new work doesn't do it, so I have to go to shoppers or something. Old job had it though, nurse would come in on a day and people would sign up for a time slot. super easy
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.