News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I seem to have come into possession of two pumpkins.
One a stereotypical orange type, the other...a different type. No clue of the difference.
Also; no clue what I do with these things.
I've never cooked pumpkin before. I've barely even eaten it.
Ideas?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Pull the guts out, carve face into it, insert candle.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

There are several different species of gourds out there Tyr. I have only ever used them for fall decorations or done what Eddie suggests.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 31, 2017, 11:56:46 AM
Pull the guts out, carve face into it, insert candle.

Nyet. This would fall under the category of waste which is what I wish to avoid.
Though I was sad to read on that note this morning that back home nobody carves turnips anymore :(
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

So I've been watching a cuppa youtube videos that pop up in the course of getting my Irish People Try fix, and have seen a few about "Weird Things That Americans Do."  So far they've all mentioned the American greeting of how are you doing as just the weirdest thing ever.  It's a greeting, not a real question!!! I don't get it.  All European languages that I'm familiar with have something similar. Wie gehts, ca va, como estas.  What's the difference and why are all these people treating the American greeting like a freak show?

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2017, 12:00:07 PM
So I've been watching a cuppa youtube videos that pop up in the course of getting my Irish People Try fix, and have seen a few about "Weird Things That Americans Do."  So far they've all mentioned the American greeting of how are you doing as just the weirdest thing ever.  It's a greeting, not a real question!!! I don't get it.  All European languages that I'm familiar with have something similar. Wie gehts, ca va, como estas.  What's the difference and why are all these people treating the American greeting like a freak show?

Americans say it as an actual question right?
And its really pronounced.
We'd normally just say "Alright", I think the Irish are similar.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Maybe people don't ritualistically answer "fine" in other languages.

Valmy

They do in French. 'Ça va?' 'Ça va.'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2017, 11:54:55 AM
One a stereotypical orange type, the other...a different type. No clue of the difference.
Ideas?

Pumpkin pie or pumpkin spiced latte are the only uses known to man.

Razgovory

Ideas?

Sell it.  Now.  My experience is that the pumpkin market collapses after October.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on October 31, 2017, 12:22:31 PM
Ideas?

Sell it.  Now.  My experience is that the pumpkin market collapses after October.

That's odd, the only time I've ever consumed pumpkin products is Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 31, 2017, 12:24:37 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 31, 2017, 12:22:31 PM
Ideas?

That's odd, the only time I've ever consumed pumpkin products is Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Eddie you should dump all your money into Pumpkin futures in November to get ahead of this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w5D9yJUMOc

Eddie Teach

Valmy

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2017, 12:19:02 PM
Ideas?

Pumpkin pie or pumpkin spiced latte are the only uses known to man.

Or the 1000's of other pumpkin spiced products out there now.

I got my kids the pumpkin pie Pop Tarts.  Surprisingly not bad.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall