News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maladict on October 26, 2017, 11:20:27 AM
Here's it's for olds only. Odd how it's so different in North America given general attitudes to healthcare.

Our winters are more manly than yours.

KRonn

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 26, 2017, 11:14:56 AM
Tis the season for flu shots.  Our firm arranges for nurse to come in to administer the shot to all our staff and lawyers who wish to have it.  Every year I am surprised by how many choose not to have one.

I used to work for a health care company in IT support. Every year flu shots were free for every employee no matter what department they worked in. Not sure who paid for those, whether it was our hospitals or health insurance companies since insurance cos usually pay for shots people can get through doctor offices or pharmacies. Now that I'm retired my local pharmacy gave me free flu shots - free to me. And my doctor office can to the same. Similar for pneumonia shots being free for those 65 and older.

crazy canuck

Its the same here.  Anybody can get a flu shot for free from a Pharmacy or their family doctor.  We pay an extra fee to bring in a nurse to do it at the workplace to make it that more convenient for our employees and in recognition that some may not have a GP. 

I took a walk around the firm yesterday asking people why they choose not to take advantage of the nurse being there.  The number one answer (from our younger employees and lawyers) was that they were healthy, never had the flu and so concluded they didnt need to have a flu shot.

I joked with them about how that might change since health does not exactly get better with age.

Tamas

I have had the flu shot once in my life (in Hungary unless you are old you have to pay for it). Then I read about some possible side effects, and decided that I am still too young for it. Maybe past 60.

crazy canuck

What side effects convinced you not to get a shot?

Grey Fox

Flu shots always make my other allergies react stronger for a month or 2.

I decided that it's better to take chances on getting the flu than suffering that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

Uncle Sam makes me get it.  Typically they send some peeps up to our distant outpost to administer it.

Would I if he didn't?  Hmm, I may or may not...depending on how lazy I was that flu season.

The Brain

Why don't you capitalize H when speaking of Uncle Sam?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Man, this jerked Chicken is good.  Spicy, but good.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on October 27, 2017, 02:36:58 PM
Man, this jerked Chicken is good.  Spicy, but good.

Did he at least pay you first?