Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 04, 2015, 12:22:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2015, 08:16:59 AM
Quote from: celedhring on September 04, 2015, 08:11:37 AM
Is there one of those semi-witty English portmanteaus to designate a guy that's your friend but that you nonetheless think is a bit of a cunt? "Frenemy" doesn't really mean that.

Cunt?

Maybe just "cuntish," since you only think he's a bit of a cunt?

I use "shitbag who is only my friend due to longevity and questionable judgement when it came to making friends in high school"

There was nobody in my school who had that judgement that questionable. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Razgovory on September 04, 2015, 02:06:42 PM

:console: You're just a little different.  The guy I'm thinking of is a shitbird moron who is just generally extremely unpleasant to be around. 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 04, 2015, 02:32:36 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 04, 2015, 02:06:42 PM

:console: You're just a little different.  The guy I'm thinking of is a shitbird moron who is just generally extremely unpleasant to be around.

Is this somebody you only hang out with in groups?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 04, 2015, 03:14:29 PM
Is this somebody you only hang out with in groups?

We don't hang out much at all anymore.  I see the guy maybe twice a year now, and each time I am reminded why it isn't more often.  He's "just" extremely obnoxious when he's sober, but when he gets drunk (which is a regular thing), he becomes exceedingly creepy and belligerent. 

Valmy

Sounds charming. Is it at least an entertaining form of creepy, obnoxious, and creepy?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Hell, I'm the one out of the old group who likes him the most.   :lol:  Most everyone else just ignores him or actively tells him to stay away.  I'll respond to the occasional text or go watch some football somewhere (not at my house, because he'll get hammered and want to crash there).

E:  It isn't entertaining after maybe 3 beers or so, which is when he transitions from happily drunk and obnoxious (which is his good point tbh) to ultra creepy hitting on the waitresses, staring at people with what my wife calls "rape face," and wanting to fight random dudes.  Things like that. 

E2:  That's in public.  In private settings, say, when you're having  aget together, he's that guy stumbling around breaking things and peeing and puking in the back yard. 

Valmy

So he is that douchey frat boy who never grew up I guess.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah there you go.  That's a perfect description.

Valmy

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

http://www.thelocal.fr/20150903/french-farmers-bring-tractor-protest-to-paris

Tractors protesting in Paris. I have never seen that before. I think Parisians saw them and were like 'it must be Tuesday'.

QuoteHundreds of tractors rolled into Paris on Thursday as farmers tried to clog up the capital's roads in protest at falling food prices.

Farmers on their tractors have been descending -- slowly -- on the capital from all corners of France, angry over the falling food prices which they blame on foreign competition, Russian sanctions, and a raw deal from local supermarkets and distributors.

It has taken many of them a week to reach the capital, travelling at an average speed of 35 kilometres (22 miles) an hour.

"What we're asking for today is three or four centimes more on a burger," said Xavier Beulin, head of France's leading farmers' union FNSEA, told iTele.

The first tractors to arrive came from the northwestern region of Brittany, a major producer of milk and pork.

Those Russian sanctions are hitting somebody I guess.

The government should be glad they are protesting low food prices. It gets ugly when there are protests against high food prices.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ideologue on September 04, 2015, 12:14:15 PM
Pittsburgh still sucks.  They decided to pick up half of my building's trash today, rather than the appropriate ratio, which is "all of it."

I did get to go to a dinner party tonight held by one of my girlfriend's mom's friends here in town, or rather in the suburbs.  They're the kind of people who unironically claim they prayed over the color of brick for the expansion to their house, or complain about immigrants while their daughter-in-law from Bangalore sits five feet away, or claim that Obama was a Muslim.

I had a great time.  It felt like I was back home. :wub:

My favorite part was when I checkmated the old man while he was off on his immigrant rant.  I said that as global warming progressed the problem would only get worse.  He shut down like a robot I'd just asked to divide something by zero.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Is it anything like fallout 3?
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

So. Windows phones. The interface isn't actually so bad. If app developers only gave it time...
One bit complaint was driven home today though... They don't fit in your hand well. They have no grip.
Today in a church I dropped mine. It's screen totally went to hell on the marble floor.
It still works but... Rip little phone. I blame the Christian god. For he is a jealous god.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on September 05, 2015, 06:14:00 AM
So. Windows phones. The interface isn't actually so bad. If app developers only gave it time...
One bit complaint was driven home today though... They don't fit in your hand well. They have no grip.
Today in a church I dropped mine. It's screen totally went to hell on the marble floor.
It still works but... Rip little phone. I blame the Christian god. For he is a jealous god.

Why were you checking your phone in church? :mad:

And He has a name you know - Jesus. :mad:

And you should capitalize any references to Him. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Don't go to church on Sunday
Don't get on my knees to pray
Don't memorize the books of the Bible
I got my own special way
Bit I know Jesus loves me
Maybe just a little bit more

I fall on my knees every Sunday
At Zerelda Lee's candy store

Well it's got to be a chocolate Jesus
Make me feel good inside
Got to be a chocolate Jesus
Keep me satisfied

Well I don't want no Anna Zabba
Don't want no Almond Joy
There ain't nothing better
Suitable for this boy
Well it's the only thing
That can pick me up
Better than a cup of gold
See only a chocolate Jesus
Can satisfy my soul

When the weather gets rough
And it's whiskey in the shade
It's best to wrap your savior
Up in cellophane
He flows like the big muddy
But that's ok
Pour him over ice cream
For a nice parfait

Good enough for me
Good enough for me

Make me feel good inside
Keep me satisfied
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk