News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

It's barely worth it to the pizzeria to be open for lunch. At least, if there's enough saturation that everyone is close enough for deliveries.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Today's local news:
QuoteChristmas Day charity shop fire was started by snow globe beaming burning shard of sunlight onto fake reindeer food and snow in window display
Blaze started shortly after 11am at British Heart Foundation charity shop
Caused severe smoke and fire damage to store in Bournemouth, Dorset
Fire services warned Britons to keep eye on snow globes in their homes
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2889124/Christmas-Day-charity-shop-fire-started-snow-globe-beaming-burning-shard-sunlight-fake-reindeer-food-snow-window-display.html
:o
Let's bomb Russia!

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Syt on December 28, 2014, 01:27:25 PM
"It's not really breakfast, we just like to call it that."

Misuse of quotes is unfortunate. Our airport has a bust of a dude named Bill Raggio surrounded by plaques and stuff. He was a politician who managed to get the bs done that got the airport built. Above the plaque, it says "Father of the Reno-Tahoe Airport". In quotes just like that. It looks like it's making fun of him.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 28, 2014, 03:47:17 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 28, 2014, 01:27:25 PM
"It's not really breakfast, we just like to call it that."

Misuse of quotes is unfortunate. Our airport has a bust of a dude named Bill Raggio surrounded by plaques and stuff. He was a politician who managed to get the bs done that got the airport built. Above the plaque, it says "Father of the Reno-Tahoe Airport". In quotes just like that. It looks like it's making fun of him.

Better they put the whole phrase in quotation marks, though, than just "Father" or, worse, "Airport." :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: Norgy on December 28, 2014, 03:08:42 PM
Frozen pizzas? I've heard about self-proletarisation, but there are limits.

I haven't heard of that.  I've heard of stupid hipsters.  But frozen pizzas?  Those are God's work, Norge.  Not all are conventionally good, but all are beloved of Christ.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

They are nearly universally bad though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

There are some brands of frozen pizza that are pretty good. Ristorante is nice.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 28, 2014, 04:59:43 PM
They are nearly universally bad though.

The Richtofens' pies are pretty delicious.  I'm loving these Kroger store-band pizzas, too.

Now Digiorno would be a straight-up rip-off, even if they were any good, which they aren't.  And of course you have the budget brands, like Tombstone and lower, which are... hell, maybe "adequate" is too high praise, but they do contain calories.

The trick, good or bad, is really paying attention to how they're cooking.  It's easy to fuck up a frozen pizza, which is why a lot of them do wind up bad.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Encompassed by the "and lower" category. :(
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Actually, I forget, I'm on a board full of fucking snobs, who'd turn their nose up to Little Caesar's or Pizza Hut pizza, and would only ever eat artisanal crap with localvore veggies and meat from an endangered species of boar, made by the Mario Bros., Brooklyn, NY, and only while standing next to the open oven.

Edit to add: and they'd wash it down with an $18 bottle of specialty beer.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

:lol:  Ground control to Major Log.

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on December 28, 2014, 05:23:29 PM
Actually, I forget, I'm on a board full of fucking snobs, who'd turn their nose up to Little Caesar's or Pizza Hut pizza, and would only ever eat artisanal crap with localvore veggies and meat from an endangered species of boar, made by the Mario Bros., Brooklyn, NY, and only while standing next to the open oven.

Edit to add: and they'd wash it down with an $18 bottle of specialty beer.

Well, we're not savages here you know.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: katmai on December 28, 2014, 03:08:47 PM
We have 24/7 pizza joint here.

Your taste in pizzia is like your taste in movie...poor.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

In fairness, though, Little Caesar's has really declined.  Worth $5?  Yes.  Actively good?  Not especially. -_-
Kinemalogue