Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 15, 2014, 07:33:08 PM
Quote from: The Larch on July 15, 2014, 06:09:38 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_in_1930
Wow, exactly 76 sovereign states if I counted right.

Interesting...though I'm betting the company wasn't limiting itself to sovereign territories.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

This is about 10 minutes away from my parents' house.   Ah, Carroll Cracker County.  Don't ever change.  NO SICK RAPTORS

Quote'No illeagles here' painted on building considered for immigrant children's shelter
By Julie Scharper, The Baltimore Sun
4:29 p.m. EDT, July 14, 2014

A vandal painted the words "No illeagles here," on a Carroll County building that had been under consideration as a temporary shelter for undocumented immigrant children.

"No undocumented Democrats," continued the message painted on Westminster's former Army Reserve Center.

While the graffiti provoked online banter about sick birds of prey, the Maryland State Police took the incident seriously.

The Carroll County Times reports that the state police are investigating the graffiti as a hate crime due to its ethnic implications.

"This is definitely a racial, religious, ethnic incident," McCrory said.

The Obama administration had been considering the 3.8-acre site as a potential shelter to house some of the influx Central American children who have been illegally crossing the border in recent months.

Following pushback from county commissioners and Rep. Andy Harris, the administration decided late last week that the site was not suitable.

So far the State Police have not identified any suspects or witnesses.

The commander of the Westminster barracks told the paper he "wouldn't be surprised if someone starts bragging about it."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2014, 02:53:18 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 15, 2014, 02:19:32 PM
I think the dude looked better when he was fat.
:wacko:

Overall, they look better skinny, but the fat did have the benefit of hiding their enormous chins.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 15, 2014, 08:41:13 PM
This is about 10 minutes away from my parents' house.   Ah, Carroll Cracker County.  Don't ever change.  NO SICK RAPTORS

:lol:

In fairness, I'd deport Republicans.

I'd have a 10,000 acre estate after they were sent beyond the Urals and the land redistribution was done. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 15, 2014, 05:24:24 PM
How the hell did hos colon get punctured?  Doesnt sound like something that goes hand in hand with an internal infection.

It happens, fairly often from what I gathered.

One of my niece died of that when she was 6 weeks old.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on July 15, 2014, 09:10:56 PM

I'd have a 10,000 acre estate after they were sent beyond the Urals and the land redistribution was done. :)

U jelly
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

That's one thing, but turning away sick birds, even the symbol of our nation when in dire need, that just crosses the line.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 15, 2014, 09:18:29 PM

U jelly

Of some, but mostly I just don't like them.  They run my state poorly and have created a deformed culture, or in any event one I've never really been a part of.  I ought to have moved across the country, but believing people were the same all over prevented me.  I've come to suspect that, right or wrong, I should have seen for myself.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on July 15, 2014, 06:49:21 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 15, 2014, 06:47:07 PM
I hope pancreas does something really important, other than give you extremely lethal cancers and infections.
Doesn't it make insulin?  That seems like a pretty important job.

We don't know for sure.  DG should have his removed and then we'll have the evidence to back up your hypothesis.
Kinemalogue

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on July 15, 2014, 11:17:05 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 15, 2014, 06:49:21 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 15, 2014, 06:47:07 PM
I hope pancreas does something really important, other than give you extremely lethal cancers and infections.
Doesn't it make insulin?  That seems like a pretty important job.

We don't know for sure.  DG should have his removed and then we'll have the evidence to back up your hypothesis.
:mad:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

My favorite part is the caption box for in case you're too stupid to get it.
Kinemalogue

Josquius

Yeah, that is rather dumb.
Though I challenge smart phones to communicate over solar systems!
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point