News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2014, 12:01:23 AM
Drop islet? All I get is a location in Canada.

It's seriously a couple keys off.  :lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on July 08, 2014, 11:54:59 PM
In the land of the blind the one eyed man truly is king.
One of the special needs cleaners was just excitedly telling the others of how awesome he is getting at tee-ball (baseball without pitchers. Mainly for under 10s....) and that he wishes it was taken more drop islet so he could play for the japan national team....
One of the other workers seemingly took offense to this and totally flipped out shouting about there being no point to baseball without pitchers and that anyone could play tee-ball.

Yes, mates. This is Tyr explaining to us what Tee-ball is.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 09, 2014, 07:57:55 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2014, 12:01:23 AM
Drop islet? All I get is a location in Canada.

It's seriously a couple keys off.  :lol:

Yeah, I thought that was the logical word to fit in but was like :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Froome crashes out of the tour. Thousands of Brits cry out in a shrugged voice: Could've used Wiggins now, huh Sky?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

I fell asleep packing last night. I have accumulated way too much stuff :(
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on July 09, 2014, 10:32:32 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/07/08/upshot/how-the-year-you-were-born-influences-your-politics.html

Do I get to be white for the purposes of this? At any rate it says a white person my age, was nearly a fan of Bush at age 20 but has then steadily leaned towards Obama. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

So it's not so much over 30s but over 32s who suck ey :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

garbon

So her brother is going to have a nephew that is only 5 years younger?

Syt

Germany requires that Turkish wives/husbands who want to move from Turkey to Germany to live with their partners have to pass a basic German test. This was meant to increase integration of Turkish migrants and to avoid ghettoization where Turkish families with little to no knowledge of German stick together, and also to help reduce cases where Turkish residents "import" a Turkish wife.

The European Court of Justice has now ruled that this is not in line with European law and hinders integration and quality of life of Turkish immigrants to Germany.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Court of Justice? Not ECHR?
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Yes. It was referred to that court by an administrative court in Berlin, because they had doubts if the law was in line with a 1970 treaty between EU and Turkey that no additional restrictions for migrants from Turkey to the EU should be introduced.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.