News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

That needs to be a bumper sticker, GF.  Color me Zazzled!

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2014, 10:45:09 AM
He is marrying a Japanese woman, the least fertile people in the world.  I think we are safe.

Besides having children would require him to work for a living.
He better get a move on with that. From what I hear young Japanese wives tend to demand a kid within the first year of marriage (hell, that's the point of marriage) :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2014, 10:50:03 AM
That needs to be a bumper sticker, GF.  Color me Zazzled!

This Zazzle?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

He is marrying a Japanese woman, the least fertile people in the world.  I think we are safe.

She probably made him get a job already.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

:lol: you know nothing Jon Snow.

Savonarola

Quote from: Tyr on July 07, 2014, 05:38:45 AM
I think I'm screwed? But I'm not sure...
I have a box in which I want to post my stuff home. It is a 55cm sided cube.
Here are the restrictions-

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/service/i_parcel_en.html

It says  length+(height+width) x 2  has to be under 3m.
I'm not sure...do I fit that.
My first reaction was
"OH FUCK NO!", 55+55+55  x 2  is more than 300
But...why are those brackets there.....is it just 55+ 55  x 2 and then plus another 55?
Surely the x2 would have to be in brackets too in that case?
My current gut feeling is that I'm OK....but I need verification here.

Parentheses indicate the order of operation.  Multiplication goes before addition; except when there are brackets around the additive term; so in your case 55+(55+55)*2= 55+(110)*2 = 55+220 = 275. 

Putting the *2 in the brackets would indicate that you multiply by two the term nearest to the 2 rather than the sum of the two terms.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 07, 2014, 07:19:43 AM
Thank you! The lovely lady has been appraised of and gives her assent to her role in the long-term endeavor of our Southern Confederacy's restitution among the stars. In the meantime, I am taking her to the South next month on a tour of its sacred spots. As she is a rural lady of sensitive disposition, I hope that something of the torpid grandeur of what once was there inculcates itself within her, and that she can look past the sad debris that passes for the ossified remnants of the Southern nation in the present era.

:cheers:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

mongers

Thank you! The lovely lady has been appraised of and gives her assent to her role in the long-term endeavor of our Southern Confederacy's restitution among the stars. In the meantime, I am taking her to the South next month on a tour of its sacred spots. As she is a rural lady of sensitive disposition, I hope that something of the torpid grandeur of what once was there inculcates itself within her, and that she can look past the sad debris that passes for the ossified remnants of the Southern nation in the present era.

Hey Lettow, congratulations. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Congratulations!  :)

Why am I picturing a scene out of True Detective when I read this?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Larch

Admiral Yi

whap whap whap

Heard on CNN IsraelPalestine is going to shit again.  One Palestinian kid dead in a revenge killing.  One Palestinian 15 year old boy w/ US citizenship on video being beaten and kicked by Israeli cops while he's handcuffed on the ground.  Rockets landing on Israel daily--80 today.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

I yelled at a colleague today, and right after he was almost hit by a train too. Idiot shouldn't be standing where he stood.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk