News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on July 05, 2014, 06:39:42 AM
So the British really love the Tour de France? Massive amount of spectators in every little town in Yorkshire that the peloton rides through.

Seems so since a Brit I know was returning to his count(r)y since the Tour dropped by and the family was excited by the event.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Liep on July 06, 2014, 09:16:01 AM
I would've hoped that the British would be a little more well behaved and not adopt the "stand in front of the cyclists waving a flag like a lunatic and eventual be to slow and cause a crash" stance.

Alas. :weep:

I liked the guys in the banana costumes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

I think I'm screwed? But I'm not sure...
I have a box in which I want to post my stuff home. It is a 55cm sided cube.
Here are the restrictions-

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/service/i_parcel_en.html

It says  length+(height+width) x 2  has to be under 3m.
I'm not sure...do I fit that.
My first reaction was
"OH FUCK NO!", 55+55+55  x 2  is more than 300
But...why are those brackets there.....is it just 55+ 55  x 2 and then plus another 55?
Surely the x2 would have to be in brackets too in that case?
My current gut feeling is that I'm OK....but I need verification here.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Facebook says Lettow got married! :o

Congrats!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Did he go as a Japanese schoolgirl or an antebellum belle?  The world awaits.

Lettow77

Thank you! The lovely lady has been appraised of and gives her assent to her role in the long-term endeavor of our Southern Confederacy's restitution among the stars. In the meantime, I am taking her to the South next month on a tour of its sacred spots. As she is a rural lady of sensitive disposition, I hope that something of the torpid grandeur of what once was there inculcates itself within her, and that she can look past the sad debris that passes for the ossified remnants of the Southern nation in the present era.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 07, 2014, 07:19:43 AM
Thank you! The lovely lady has been appraised of and gives her assent to her role in the long-term endeavor of our Southern Confederacy's restitution among the stars. In the meantime, I am taking her to the South next month on a tour of its sacred spots. As she is a rural lady of sensitive disposition, I hope that something of the torpid grandeur of what once was there inculcates itself within her, and that she can look past the sad debris that passes for the ossified remnants of the Southern nation in the present era.

Congrats old bean!

Three cheers for Lettow boys!

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 07, 2014, 07:19:43 AM

:cheers: :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

:cheers:

So, Ide and CdM, booked your flight yet?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Great, the spectre of future generations of Lettows appears on the horizon, like a brewing thunderstorm that brings with it a portend of redneck-fused anime assclownism. Fucking super.

But noooooo, we have to restrict abortion in this country; especially now, when we need it most.

Valmy

He is marrying a Japanese woman, the least fertile people in the world.  I think we are safe.

Besides having children would require him to work for a living.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2014, 10:43:36 AM
Great, the spectre of future generations of Lettows appears on the horizon, like a brewing thunderstorm that brings with it a portend of redneck-fused anime assclownism. Fucking super.

But noooooo, we have to restrict abortion in this country; especially now, when we need it most.

You know what doesn't react well to random act of fasting?

Infants.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.