News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Qualified to fix sammiches in the kitchen.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Also, Piers Morgan lost his show on CNN.

Day just keeps getting better.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 23, 2014, 10:38:53 PM
Also, Piers Morgan lost his show on CNN.

Day just keeps getting better.

WHAT HAPPEN

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

LaCroix

Quote from: garbon on February 23, 2014, 10:06:40 PMDoesn't this just tell us your preference lies with nicotine, not food? :unsure:

no, it says the whole "eat a lot to compensate for withdrawal effects" is a bunch of bullshit, imo. it's something destructive people turn to when they could choose a healthier alternative, like exercise

Brazen

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 23, 2014, 10:27:11 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 23, 2014, 10:25:06 PM
Parallel parking is hard.

Especially for chicks. LOL, misyogny.
Most women I know are much better at parallel parking than men. In the UK you have to parallel park pretty much everywhere other than car-parks.

Why are men so bad at judging parallel parking distances? Because women keeping telling them that:

<---------------------------------------------->

is six inches.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

Now that's what I call entrepreneurship!  :lol:

QuoteA Savvy Girl Scout Is Selling Cookies at a Cannabis Clinic in San Francisco

Looking to drum up some new business, 13-year-old Girl Scout Danielle Lei and her mom set out for a San Francisco medical marijuana clinic on Monday, armed with boxes of Tagalongs, Dulce de Leches and other cookie varieties she and other scouts sell annually.

Any patients at The Green Cross with the munchies didn't stand a chance. In two hours on President's Day, Danielle sold 117 boxes outside the clinic — people gobbled up all her Dulce de Leches and blazed through the Tagalongs. According to her mother, Carol, that's 37 more boxes than what she sold during the same two-hour period outside a small Safeway the next day.

Carol said her two middle-school-aged daughters have sold Girl Scout cookies outside a medical marijuana clinic before, though this was the first time they stopped by The Green Cross. She usually has them set up shop at various points around San Francisco so they can learn about different environments while earning some cash. Plus, Carol figured this might be a good way to start a conversation about drugs and how some use marijuana as medicine while others just get high.

"You put it in terms that they may understand," Carol said. "I'm not condoning it, I'm not saying go out in the streets and take marijuana [...] It also adds a little bit of cool factor. I can be a cool parent for a little bit."

The Green Cross was on board as soon as Carol called to ask for permission to sell cookies outside, and employees at the clinic bought plenty of cookies themselves, too.

"It's no secret that cannabis is a powerful appetite stimulant, so we knew this would be a very beneficial endeavor for the girls," Holli Bert, a staff member at The Green Cross, told Mashable in an email. "It's all about location, and what better place to sell Girl Scout cookies than outside a medical cannabis collective?"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Brazen on February 24, 2014, 05:25:22 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 23, 2014, 10:27:11 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 23, 2014, 10:25:06 PM
Parallel parking is hard.

Especially for chicks. LOL, misyogny.
Most women I know are much better at parallel parking than men. In the UK you have to parallel park pretty much everywhere other than car-parks.

Why are men so bad at judging parallel parking distances? Because women keeping telling them that:

<---------------------------------------------->

is six inches.

I like your sass.

MadImmortalMan

Taco Bell paging Ed Anger:

Ed Anger

lustindarkness

I may have to give that a try. But I'd include the bacon in the eggs.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

katmai

But not of bacon right? RIGHT???
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son