News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I would suggest she close the curtains. :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

I suspect there is more to the story than is reported. This is the Sun, which isn't exactly known for respectable journalism ... to say the least.  ;)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

I can hear my flatmate's girlfriend moaning in a quite obviously sexual way.
I've already been to the toilet and made sure to make a noise yelling "Pwoah, that stinks" as I leave (they still continue) and I don't want to bother them right now but what should I do about this in the future...
I'm torn between bitching at them for being noisy or high fiving him (though his gf is obese).

Or nothing.
I just need to document that this is happening as its not pleasent.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on September 29, 2009, 05:32:59 PM
I've already been to the toilet and made sure to make a noise yelling "Pwoah, that stinks" as I leave (they still continue) and I don't want to bother them right now but what should I do about this in the future...
I'm torn between bitching at them for being noisy or high fiving him (though his gf is obese).

Or nothing.
"No sex please, we're British."

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on September 29, 2009, 05:17:59 PM
I suspect there is more to the story than is reported. This is the Sun, which isn't exactly known for respectable journalism ... to say the least.  ;)

Well it is interesting that no other media, to the best of my knowledge, picked this story up. Obviously, none of it is made up, since it's mostly based on reportage of courtroom and parliamentary scenes.

My guess is that the pervert is like the retarded brother of someone rich and famous. Like a lawyer or something like that. Maybe even Harper's long-lost brother.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on September 29, 2009, 05:38:31 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 29, 2009, 05:17:59 PM

Well it is interesting that no other media, to the best of my knowledge, picked this story up. Obviously, none of it is made up, since it's mostly based on reportage of courtroom and parliamentary scenes.

My guess is that the pervert is like the retarded brother of someone rich and famous. Like a lawyer or something like that. Maybe even Harper's long-lost brother.

Another possibility is that the allegations are, in part great or small, not exactly true as reported, or that something key has been left out.

Startling theory I know, but stranger things have happened ...  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on September 29, 2009, 05:32:59 PM

Or nothing.

I think you should spend at least five minutes being juvenile and act as a conductor for their orchestral performance. As long as their is a regular beat to it, of course.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on September 29, 2009, 04:59:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 29, 2009, 04:43:52 PM
I blame Beeb for this:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2009/09/29/11181241-sun.html

All lawyers need to be shoved into ovens right after tim.

It's a story from the Sun. Treat with caution.  :lol:

Don't ruin my anti-lawyer and anti-beeb post.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 29, 2009, 02:10:02 PM
This is a cumbersome way to post.

Indeed. I think I'll stick to a standard like gold.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Something quick and fun I whipped up. The first map I've made in almost a year I think, not meant to be too serious. I was originally focusing on the rival British and Russian Empires when I made this map, but the thing that catches my eye now is how large the Portuguese Empire got.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

How do you make those maps anyway?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Russia at the Persian Gulf?  Could never happen.  It would mean war, instantly and without the possibility for it to be avoided.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on September 29, 2009, 08:28:48 PM
Russia at the Persian Gulf?  Could never happen.  It would mean war, instantly and without the possibility for it to be avoided.
How do you know there wasn't a war? They also have Istanbul/Constantinople.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 29, 2009, 08:29:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 29, 2009, 08:28:48 PM
How do you know there wasn't a war? They also have Istanbul/Constantinople.
Because the Russians could never win a war.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.