News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2013, 08:09:52 PM
Bill in Sinton wants you to quit again. Hook em horns.

I think Bill in Sinton might be dead.

Eddie Teach

Probably lung cancer. You should quit anyway.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 06, 2013, 06:30:35 PM
Quote from: sbr on November 06, 2013, 06:25:45 PM
"Best" Pictures from Russian Dating Sites
http://www.sadanduseless.com/2013/11/russian-dating-sites/

Warning to Ide, probably nothing here for you.

Some of the men are quite thin.  :P

There were at least two reasonably attractive women, Mask Carpet and Glasses Banana.  7 = content.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on November 06, 2013, 06:25:45 PM
"Best" Pictures from Russian Dating Sites
http://www.sadanduseless.com/2013/11/russian-dating-sites/

Warning to Ide, probably nothing here for you.

I like the ninja guy...or whatever the hell he was trying to be.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on November 06, 2013, 03:41:05 PM
Yes, here's a graph which compares the city of Detroit with South East Michigan as a whole:

Well then just have Detroit annex the rest of South East Michigan.  Problem solved.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2013, 11:48:23 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on November 06, 2013, 03:41:05 PM
Yes, here's a graph which compares the city of Detroit with South East Michigan as a whole:

Well then just have Detroit annex the rest of South East Michigan.  Problem solved.

Which problem? Not having enough empty houses to burn?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Intolerance isn't such a bad thing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Yeah, but it's like three hours long.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Japan is weird. I just did something very dodgy which didn't bite me in the arse.
You may recall the other week a random stranger helped me carry a solid wood desk a kilometer. Well, on Tuesday the guy called me and wanted my help, it turns out he was moving house and needed somewhere to leave his bags for a night or two.
My alarm bells were ringing, I had met the guy precisely once for a very brief amount of time, didn't he have friends? Surely he was scouting out my apartment for a robbery (that one could still be true...though it is a lot of work) or wanting somewhere to stash drugs or the like.
He has now collected all his bags though and it seems his story was totally legitimate.
But still I'm left going WTF. He doesn't seem to have anything especially wrong with him....why  would he trust a random foreigner with his stuff like that?
██████
██████
██████

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on November 07, 2013, 08:20:53 AM
Japan is weird. I just did something very dodgy which didn't bite me in the arse.
You may recall the other week a random stranger helped me carry a solid wood desk a kilometer. Well, on Tuesday the guy called me and wanted my help, it turns out he was moving house and needed somewhere to leave his bags for a night or two.
My alarm bells were ringing, I had met the guy precisely once for a very brief amount of time, didn't he have friends? Surely he was scouting out my apartment for a robbery (that one could still be true...though it is a lot of work) or wanting somewhere to stash drugs or the like.
He has now collected all his bags though and it seems his story was totally legitimate.
But still I'm left going WTF. He doesn't seem to have anything especially wrong with him....why  would he trust a random foreigner with his stuff like that?

This story may well tell us more about some of 'our' modern western attitudes, than it say something about some Japanese cultural norms or how some there conduct themselves.

Tyr, not intended as a swipe at you.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on November 07, 2013, 05:27:59 PM
Asthma sucks. :mad:

:hug:

I can appreciate that a bit, I've unusually had a nasty cold/flu for like a week and I got sick of coughing all the time. For someone who takes their lungs for granted, suddenly have them performing sub-optimally wasn't fun.  <_<

Tonitrus

That is why Japan is awesome, and I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat.

mongers

In 2007 a satellite tracked Bar-tailed Godwit  made the longest record non-stop migration flight by a bird, 11,000 km in 9 days over open ocean, I think from Alaska to New Zealand.   :cool:

CountDeMoney

Why would you trust a random foreigner with your phone number?