News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Apparently a terrible thing has happened in Williamsburg, Mecca of the modern hipster.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

:lol: In similar news apparently Brixton is about to get a Waitrose :o
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Which Williamsburg is that?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 14, 2013, 08:27:28 PM
I have no idea what that is.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

garbon

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2013, 08:35:17 PM

It's a worker co-operative.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

A supermarket so middle class these are essentials:

But it is wonderful :blush:

Edit: Also apparently if you've their loyalty card and spend over £5 (the price of a large Waitrose onion) then you get a free Guardian :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 14, 2013, 08:48:02 PM
A supermarket so middle class these are essentials:

But it is wonderful :blush:

Edit: Also apparently if you've their loyalty card and spend over £5 (the price of a large Waitrose onion) then you get a free Guardian :lol:

Actually a choice of several different newspapers, I generally don't pick them up; I only tend to go there for the yummy mummy eye-candy.  :bowler:

Sheilbh

My Mum's aspiration when she retires is to be comfortable enough to do her weekly shop at Waitrose :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Savonarola

And now I'm going to have The Clash stuck in my head all night:

When they kick out your front door
How you gonna come?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 14, 2013, 08:54:21 PM
My Mum's aspiration when she retires is to be comfortable enough to do her weekly shop at Waitrose :lol:

Well Dorchester does have that whole landed gentry/hunting-fishing set vibe going on too.

Sheilbh

True. And a local boycott campaign against Starbucks (for not paying tax) and for Costa (for paying tax) managed to drive Starbucks away :lol:

Edit: Also Tesco were allowed to build a supermarket, but only if they built it on the outskirts and built the town a small stadium.

Similarly Waitrose are building a huge new shop, but first they had to build a new council building and now have to redevelop a small area in the middle of town :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!